Back Again

Options
This is my ???? attempt to use MFP to lose weight and to develop healthy habits. I would love to join a group of 50+ ladies that are motivated/motivating and learn from you on what works for you.

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,955 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi, welcome back to MyFitnessPal!!
  • Graceious_0ne
    Graceious_0ne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been back a week too and I'm 54 next month. Enjoy!
  • Otterlover81
    Otterlover81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Not sure how mamy times I've come back to MFP either, lol. The main thing is we're back! For me, this is the last straw. I will get to my goal this time and you can too!
  • 50inPNW
    50inPNW Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new here, and this is Day 2 of getting serious! I'm out of control and it's time to take action...I absolutely must!! Hope we can all be of some great encouragement to/for each other. :)
  • Hodgy2357
    Hodgy2357 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have been chipping away at my weight for a while now. Just restarted logging on here. I'm looking forward to my 50th birthday in September. Finding the older I get the more I accept myself and the less I worry about what other people think. :) Would love more friends on here to motivate each other.
  • ItsAJourny
    ItsAJourny Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am back as well (64 years old female). The last 2+ years have been high stress and I kind of let food slide. I have 13 pounds to lose and am down 1.5 pounds since I started on July 3rd. But more than losing the weight, I want to continue to develop good habits of eating/exercising so that I feel great every day. Good luck to us all.
  • Nikki42448
    Nikki42448 Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hi I’m Nikki. I’m 66 years old and returning to my fitness pal after a hiatus. Looking to lose 30 pounds. I’m currently juicing breakfast. Lunch of grilled fish or chicken and salad, protein smoothie for dinner. I used to spend a lot of time at the gym before the pandemic. Gained a lot of this weight in the last couple of years with no workouts. Now I’m trying to get back to it. Anyone else fighting the pandemic weight gain?
  • ItsAJourny
    ItsAJourny Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki - Yes to also fighting the pandemic weight gain. I am great faith that we can persevere and lose the weight we gained!
  • Nikki42448
    Nikki42448 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too. I’m motivated now that it appears over around here. Nobody has gotten it in months . Yeah!
  • artisperret
    artisperret Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Restarting MFP once again but first time in a discussion group. I’m 65 and have always struggled with my weight. Now I’m heavier than have ever been. Need to lose 50#.
  • jimmvic92
    jimmvic92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    50+ here! I am finally using the paid version of MFP. I tried WW for about 3 months, hated their APP. Looking forward to getting some inspiration from ya'll!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Biggest tip is set your macros and hit those targets daily. IIFYM doesn't work on me for loss, (but it does for maintenance hehe). Get the most carbs from green/yellow veggies, fresh/frozen berries with highest fiber content, healthy fats, and pay attention to protein levels. Take a tape measure and measure body parts. a month from now, at the very least, you will see some change. Measuring and going back to Reports is a motivator. So is baggy clothing.
  • Nancia51
    Nancia51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I have also came and left MFP several times , I am going to stick with it this time. I have to lose 100lbs. Just cannot believe I left myself go.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Life is always in flux. Don't count the number times, count the achievements with a focus on bettering life!
  • RunningMama32
    RunningMama32 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just came back too. Welcome back!
  • cinmcmullen57
    cinmcmullen57 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m back too! It’s been about 3 days going well so far. Im looking to lose some pounds before our trip to Mexico in November. That’s my motivation. Welcome!!
  • 2tryharder
    2tryharder Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Same! Just turned 51 and got back on MFP after months of not excersizing, eating everything, etc. I want to loose 30 lbs (again), but hopefully 10 before a big family vacation the 1st week of September. I have had good results with MFP before and I know I can do it if I plan meals including snacks and meet my workout goals every week. Good luck to everyone!
  • mdlcmj
    mdlcmj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 62 Y O male, I started my journey Sept 1 2021 at 455lbs, weighed myself today and was 310 down a total of 145lbs.
  • Wendyscholl1
    Wendyscholl1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I laughed when I read your post thinking "Was she looking for people with more than 50 lbs to loose or someone who's over 50 yrs?" -- I laughed because I fit into both those categories! Welcome back. I recently "started back up again" -- I've been on the slow boat to weight loss and have lost 30 lbs. But I feel like i need to be more intentional and logging my food really helps. So here I am. I'm proud that you are back here and you should pat yourself on the back.
  • fossil9078
    fossil9078 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just returned to MFP today. 69 year old female with 50+ lbs to loose. Some of the comments above were very inspiring. I enjoy water aerobics, pickleball and walking. Hoping to get some insights from those who have been successful. I know there is no magic pill but I sure am frustrated with the lack of progress.