Two and a half men last night..

Options

Replies

• jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I agree that it was less that wonderful. But... I did enjoy Charlie's funeral, especially the Rose bit. :)

^^^THIS^^^ I love Rose!!!!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I JUST saw a commercial and they r still gonna play the 2 and a hf men with Charlie! Id rather watch reruns with Charlie in the show than this new horrible version!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    it was FUNNY, especially when Rose spoke at the funeral. Ashton isn't all that, nor is he Charlie, but he is funny. It has potential. Besides, I really don't like when dead people come back. Its kinda creepy. :laugh:
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    will have to hulu it tonight hopefully - we cut tv out of our budget.
  • MrsBrosco
    Options
    didn't watch it, don't intend to. In fact, I will no longer watch/support ANY program that insults my IQ, I am NOT an emotionally retarded moron and I refuse to be treated like one. Saw the clip with Kutcher walking around naked and I fail to see what's funny about that. Naked fat men/women are funny and Naked Jake would have been funny. Ashton Kutcher OR Demi Moore naked isn't comedy. sheesh
    It's a shame for their education and income that the writers don't know what's funny to anyone over 15

Apparently i'm an "emotionally retarded moron"

I enjoyed it, but I have always been an Ashton fan :love:
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    loved the show. Kutcher reminds me of the grown up version of Jake!!!!!!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I watched it last night and I'm on the fence. I did like seeing all of Charlie's ex-girlfriends, though, especially Rose. I'm just hoping they don't turn Ashton Kutcher's character into a clone of Charlie. I was hoping for something a little new and different with this change-up. I'm giving it another week or two before I make up my mind.
  • lisamontagnari
    Options
    I just kept waiting for the funny part:ohwell: .
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    i didnt watch it, but the Roast of Charlie Sheen was on as well last night. and i was very displeased with that also

I didn't realize the roast was on until it was more than half way over. I'm planning on watching it Thursday I think (DVR). Now you have me disappointed. :frown:
  • lmclaine
    lmclaine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I personally don't have anything against Ashton Kutcher but I actually thought last night's episode was funnier before he came on the screen. He has big shoes to fill and the writing is what makes the show, not Charlie Sheen. Berta is the best character on the show anyway.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Havent watched it yet, but Im curious to say the least
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    didn't watch it, don't intend to. In fact, I will no longer watch/support ANY program that insults my IQ, I am NOT an emotionally retarded moron and I refuse to be treated like one. Saw the clip with Kutcher walking around naked and I fail to see what's funny about that. Naked fat men/women are funny and Naked Jake would have been funny. Ashton Kutcher OR Demi Moore naked isn't comedy. sheesh
    It's a shame for their education and income that the writers don't know what's funny to anyone over 15

HA!!!!! Not a retarded moron my *kitten*.

.. What makes you think a naked Ashton Kutcher was put in for COMEDIC reasons?!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It was ok I guess. I'll probably watch one more episode just because I'm curious. That'll probably indicate whether or not the show gets cancelled.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I watched it last night and I'm on the fence. I did like seeing all of Charlie's ex-girlfriends, though, especially Rose. I'm just hoping they don't turn Ashton Kutcher's character into a clone of Charlie. I was hoping for something a little new and different with this change-up. I'm giving it another week or two before I make up my mind.
    Way back when they first announced Kutcher was coming on, I was hoping for this scenario: Lilith leaves Herb for Ashton and Herb moves in with Alan and Jake.

I guess I didn't get that. :-(

But I'm still hoping it works out. After Charlie Sheen's antics, I don't think I could have kept watching if he'd stayed on, no matter how funny it was.

I also really liked all the people looking at the house and the whole Dharma and Greg thing. That was fun.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    well I DVR-d it but now i dont wanna watch it lol
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    It was ok, of course Rose is always hilarious...I will give it a few more episodes before I decide to stop watching.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    I thought it was ok. I think alot of people had huge expations of ashton and it didnt help with the network pumping up all the hype. It was funny at times but more misses then hits. I hope the show will get better as time goes on.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

Agree with this^^. I wondered how they would handle killing off the main character and still remain a "comedy". I thought they handled it well. The funeral scenes were hilarious, esp Rose for sure!

it won't be the same show, I give it one season. But I like Ashton, so I look forward to that one season. ;)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I didn't really like 2.5M before - the boyfriend loves it, and every now and then I'd hear a joke from the other room that made me laugh, but I wasn't hooked. I'm giving it a chance with Ashton, because it's a different show to me now, but we'll see. The Rose part was hilarious, and I have always liked hearing what she has to say... I usually give a show about three episodes before I decide I don't want to watch it.

And I'll be emotionally retarded (or whatever) forever if it means laughing at ridiculous television and movies.
  • cawfeesong
    Options
    I liked it, but I love Ashton! It was definitely different.