What's Your Occupation?

Options

Replies

• BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Family Consumer Science (Home ec) and Health high school teacher.

:huh:

Awesome, I can see the Home Ec part:laugh:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home Mom. I homeschool my 10 year old dd. She has never been to a real "school". Cindy
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options

I just did the human sexual reproduction chapter with my kids- Wow was that fun.

a twelve year old (12!) student asked me , right after we learned what the prostate does (clamps shut to prevent urine from mixing with semen (in case anyone doesn't remember health class))

"is that why it's hard to pee right after you have sex?"

I was astounded. 1. that he could have the nerve to ask me this. and 2. How does he have this information????

:laugh:
    I've been around kids who are pregnant in 6th grade.... Welcome to this new generation.

My daughters friend was pregnant @ 13:sad: I just dont' understand what these girls are thinking :huh:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Clinical social worker doing addiction counseling at a non-profit agency. Yeah, ironic. Cureently doing drug and alcohol counseling with people who have just come out of federal prison. Love my job. Get paid less than teachers with bachlors degrees. No thread for socialworkers. Oh well, the world is our thread! Fun to get to know what people do!
  • Love_Conquers_All
    Options
    Clinical social worker doing addiction counseling at a non-profit agency. Yeah, ironic. Cureently doing drug and alcohol counseling with people who have just come out of federal prison. Love my job. Get paid less than teachers with bachlors degrees. No thread for socialworkers. Oh well, the world is our thread! Fun to get to know what people do!

Hi Kristi,
    I know there is at least one other person on the site that I know of that also does addiction work.....now if I can only remember who's profile I read it on...:huh: :blushing: :noway: :laugh:

Maybe it's time for a topic line to see who comes aboard? I know that there are also several other social workers on here as well....I recall their intro messages....just not user names at the moment....lots of new folks.:drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

I just did the human sexual reproduction chapter with my kids- Wow was that fun.

a twelve year old (12!) student asked me , right after we learned what the prostate does (clamps shut to prevent urine from mixing with semen (in case anyone doesn't remember health class))

"is that why it's hard to pee right after you have sex?"

I was astounded. 1. that he could have the nerve to ask me this. and 2. How does he have this information????

:laugh:
    I've been around kids who are pregnant in 6th grade.... Welcome to this new generation.

Ob/GYN single mom of 3 schoolage kids---and I deliver the kids having babies in 6th grade :ohwell:

sorry about double post---don't know what I did wrong!!:blushing:

123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Breaks my little heart.
    :cry:
  • thomthiel
    Options
    I am a Mechanical Engineer, the company I work for makes camshaft bearings, valve seats, valve shims and engine hardware kits for cars and trucks. It is a good job I work with a lot of really good people
  • babiecuddles
    babiecuddles Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Administrative Assistant for a Baptist Association, would reather be say home mom.
  • tabbiekaye23
    tabbiekaye23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    a medical assistant at a family doctor clinic and the mother of 2 well i should say threee including my husband. :laugh:
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    I am a Plum Smuggler... I smuggle plumbs for a living... I am a pro at it by now...
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I'm a baker at a pizzeria.

LOL! You try losing weight when on a daily basis you're making a 40lb batch of delicious chocolate chip cookie dough. Too bad 1oz of it is 253 calories :noway:
  • jenkvig
    jenkvig Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm an art teacher. Spring Break is next week!!!!
  • jenkvig
    jenkvig Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm trying to get my ticker on here. How do I do it???? help???
  • ddochsta
    ddochsta Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom most of the time, but I also sell Tastefully Simple. It is very hard to watch what you eat when there is so much great food around you.
  • stillkristi
    Options
    I'm trying to get my ticker on here. How do I do it???? help???

Go to My Home, Settings (I think) then Signature. You create your signature and add the url for your ticker. Hope that works, its been a while.
  • stillkristi
    Options
    I'm a baker at a pizzeria.

LOL! You try losing weight when on a daily basis you're making a 40lb batch of delicious chocolate chip cookie dough. Too bad 1oz of it is 253 calories :noway:

Ouch!
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading everyone's occupation's... you guys have some interesting one's... Much success to all! :drinker:
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    since seperating from my husband ive gotta work...so im now back to working :)

im a freelance makeup artist for MAC cosmentics
    im a server at a bar & grill - just saturdays
    i do promitional modeling for bars and clubs just about every other weekend every weekend
  • butterball70
    butterball70 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a secretary for a small construction company in a tiny little town in northeast PA so not much going on right now. Waiting for Spring to break!!! Did I mention I work all alone so no one to talk to most of the day, (except myself) lol. Been here for 2 years, before that a SAHM for 15 years and also my husband and I were foster parents for 5 years which resulted in the adoption of my two youngest girls. Plus I'm related to the boss, still trying to figure out if thats a good thing or a bad thing. :happy: And my husband drives a tri-axle dump truck for the same company (I actually get to tell him what to do:bigsmile: )
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I am a Stay At Home Mom of 2 kids, Anna Grace, is 31/2 years old, and Jacob Quint is 20 months old.
    I also make seed bead necklaces with charms and sell them, although I haven't done much of that lately.