Women (40s) need input please!

Options
gdg4347
gdg4347 Posts: 5 Member
edited August 2022 in Introduce Yourself
Happy to take any input (particularly from women in late 40’s - small frame (5’) ) …weighing currently 133 lbs. I’m looking to hit a weight loss of 10-15 lbs bringing me down to 123-118 lbs. even going to 115 if possible. Thank you

Replies

• gdg4347
    Options
    Anyone can relate and share their insights?
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    There's a network of trusted advisors here. Throw the age and weight limit out the window or you'll limit yourself.
    Have you looked through any of the categories and threads. Below is a member favorite.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Rendezvous frequently through the threads via Search. You'll find answers for almost every question. Check out Chit Chat for questions other than food and exercise. It takes a village.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/chit-chat-fun-and-games
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm also in my 40s and a bit taller than you at 5'4" but have a similar amount I want to lose :) I broke my sacrum (lower back) at the start of this year and gained a bunch of weight as a result of not moving and comfort eating, currently 67kg, so have 5kg I need to lose to get back to my "usual" weight, and about 9-10kg to get to my "ideal" weight.
  • gdg4347
    Options
    Thank you for your input and comments. I encourage us all to stay strong and informed. This information will help me. I appreciate your time here.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,266 Member
    Options
    With little weight to lose, slow loss is likely to be the most health-promoting approach - like half a pound a week loss, as a goal. I get that we all want to drop weight fast, but doing so increases the possibility of losing lean mass alongside body fat, and can increase health risk.

The thing is, a slow loss rate will play peek-a-boo on the scale with routine water weight and digestive contents fluctuations. The water/digestive contents can change by multiple pounds from one day to the next, while the fat loss is a gradual few ounces a day. If you know this and are prepared to settle in for the ride, it's very doable.

I lost a bunch of weight a few years back (2015-16), but recently wanted to (re-)lose around the same number of pounds you're talking about because my jeans were getting a little snug. I chose to do it with a very small deficit for that slow loss. I have to say, it was virtually painless. As a bonus, a small calorie deficit allows exercise performance to stay higher, supports an energetic daily life routine, allows for excellent nutrition, and can help frame the behavioral changes as finding ways to revamp habits to not only lose those few pounds, but learn how to keep them off long term.

I'm a little taller than you (5'5"), but much older (66 now). Obviously, you'll need to think through what will work best for you, but I wanted to toss this out as an option with some pluses to it.

Best wishes!