Starting Over

Options
I am so tired of starting over, but here I am. I am 2 days into logging my food and exercising. I would love to meet other people on the journey to becoming healthier. :smile:

Replies

• capgordon1293
    capgordon1293 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Same here defo Gona keep on top of the food intake good luck in ur journey add me if u want to
  • StefMB88
    StefMB88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You got this, can't wait to see how far you go.
  • DuckyBoiii
    DuckyBoiii Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it! There is no shame in failing, the real shame is when you give up. Rooting for you!
  • luvdabellamy
    luvdabellamy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Back on it too! Lost 3 stone last year and put one back on already - it’s so demoralising as so much easier going on than coming off! 😂😂 Never been on community with MFP but hoping to find some motivation and slimming buddies here!
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Same boat here.. Friend request sent!
  • BQuinetta
    BQuinetta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @rediscovering_alex
    Same for me. Really trying to have a fresh start tomorrow morning. Getting mentally prepared. I am a teacher so school starts back tomorrow - figured it will be a good day to get a new routine going. Not sure if you have a group started but I'd be happy to join and be a part of it! Have a great week!
  • omayra550
    omayra550 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tonight using this post as a tool to not overeat for the day…been logging in for one day and want the cookies. It’s my 3rd time back or maybe more. Stay strong. Your post is helping me stay accountable and on track. Thank you!
  • pelle10181
    pelle10181 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you, I am on day three of logging, and starting over. Currently, I am up from what I was last time I started over, so that is fun.... ugh. We have got this, logging, and rocking it out shall be our job! Cheers to kicking butt, and not taking names.
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yep, back at it too! 10 days in.
  • ketolol
    ketolol Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I know this is a few weeks old but I’m jumping back in again as well. Day two of tracking for me! Getting back into running as well with a goal of a mile a day (run what I can). Once I can run a mile nonstop I’ll up it to 1.5 and work my way to 2 miles 3-4 days a week. I’ll add you!
  • Yanezpina
    Yanezpina Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ugh, you are so not alone - I knowwww the struggle. I lost 30 lbs in 2013/2014 and now I am back with 70 to lose. It just really goes to show me that I have to stay consistent and accountable because holy hell do I go off the rails otherwise. It's day two for me: tracking everything and increasing my accountability is key for me.
  • OnTheRoad24
    OnTheRoad24 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hey Alex and welcome back! You'll do great this time around, just stay consistent and be persistent! I'm in the same boat and look forward to supporting and encouraging friends as well!
  • Annsrestaurant
    Annsrestaurant Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new. My question is if you stay at or below your goals does it screw up your day if you go over in 1 field? Today I am 6 over on fat but everything else is at or under. Thanks in advance!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,294 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hi. I'm new. My question is if you stay at or below your goals does it screw up your day if you go over in 1 field? Today I am 6 over on fat but everything else is at or under. Thanks in advance!

What's your goal? If weight loss, no it doesn't matter at all. Only calories directly affect weight management. Nutrition is important for health, and may indirectly affect weight loss (through energy level or appetite), but even for nutrition there's flexibility, and for sure, close is plenty good enough. Humans are adaptive omnivores.
  • Jenminor316
    Jenminor316 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m starting the roller coaster as well. I am determined this time though, I have made the decision to log everything into the food diary even if I know I’ll go over. What I love about it is it has my goals of cal ect. And how much I actually ate, Then at the end it says something like if I keep eating like this I would weigh this much in 5 weeks…. That helps me to think about how much and what I’m eating.
  • BayBlue22
    BayBlue22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @rediscovering_alex - same here… starting over. Not happy to be on another cycle but better then giving up entirely. It took ny friend several tries to quit smoking, and the last time did the trick ten years ago, so always remember, this too can be done.
  • willlafriu
    willlafriu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over also. I hit 200 lbs .to many times. From stressed out eating. This year .Crazy how difficult, an so much painful process. It is, being over weight, an pushing myself to be at my goal weight. So far 10 lbs lost. With puddles of sweat. My body is soked ,after a workout. Laughing out loud
  • Debgal54
    Debgal54 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Starting over once again, too. Got to my goal in about 8 months (-40 lbs) when I started the first time in 2016. Then got lazy. 🙄 Have gained it all back after a couple of short, unsuccessful attempts to do it again since then. So, today is the day. Logging food is so necessary. I was successful with WW and MFP when honestly keeping track of what I ate. We can do this!