Replies

• CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    edited July 2022
    Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    I have been on a Gaiman kick for a few years now. He tells a really good story and is pretty clever with words.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    edited July 2022
    I have been on a Gaiman kick for a few years now. He tells a really good story and is pretty clever with words.

This is only the 2nd book that I have read from him and I plan on reading more. I agree with you, very good with words. I really like his style, very captivating.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    I'm reading An Edible History of Humanity. It's an archaeological and anthropological look into how basically the entirety of human society has been shaped by food, farming, food availability etc. It's really interesting and informative and not overly formal so it's a really accessible read. I highly recommend it.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member

This is only the 2nd book that I have read from him and I plan on reading more. I agree with you, very good with words. I really like his style, very captivating.

♥️♥️♥️ Gaiman! He does everything well!
  • TwitchyMagee

♥️♥️♥️ Gaiman! He does everything well!
    I’ve read and listened to American gods several times and the ocean at the end of the lane is one of my favorite stories.
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 540 Member
    Does anyone read around here? Besides the threads of course... this is what I'm working on now.. it's wildly interesting, I'm nearly done.

xsyv0pdalixp.jpg

That’s one of the greatest books ever.

I’m currently reading Principles by Ray Dalio.

• CoffeeNstilettos
    The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
  • konstrukt
    konstrukt Posts: 9 Member
    I just picked up Templar by Jordan Mechner and LeUyan Pham. Great graphic novel.

I'm also reading Seveneves by Neal Stephenson.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,502 Member
    Skin by BB Easton
  • konstrukt
    konstrukt Posts: 9 Member

One of my favorite books of all time.
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    co3l7cuub9u8.png

and

q5goytybzv0h.png
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Finally gave in and read the inescapable 'Where The Crawdads Sing." Meh. I almost bailed midway from boredom but slogged on until the much-telegraphed ending. The author's publishing agent deserves a major private island bonus for propelling the book into the literary stratosphere.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I'm reading The Choice by Dr. Edith Eger. Such a great book! I may have to buy my own copy.
  • TwitchyMagee
    MsCzar wrote: »
    Finally gave in and read the inescapable 'Where The Crawdads Sing." Meh. I almost bailed midway from boredom but slogged on until the much-telegraphed ending. The author's publishing agent deserves a major private island bonus for propelling the book into the literary stratosphere.

I couldn’t get through it
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    qp68bau6nmbb.jpg

This is a good one. Also Games Criminals Play, which is not by the same author but...similar content. Mostly because criminals are...(wait for it!)....PEOPLE!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member

I'm waiting for the the buzz to die down/off so I can have more reasonable expectations.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Finally gave in and read the inescapable 'Where The Crawdads Sing."

I'm waiting for the the buzz to die down/off so I can have more reasonable expectations.

This may be one of the rare exceptions where the film is better than the book.

• litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,045 Member
    3iy03n6xso2p.jpeg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    The Silent Patient
    Such a good book with an extraordinarily unexpected twist at the end.