Options

Replies

• Frenshan
    Options
    Seek medical attention ASAP!!
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Doesn't anyone understand that medical care is not free?

Your life, your body, your money, your choice.

Would i gamble for the cost of a check up? hell no.
  • kaw811
    kaw811 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    See your doctor but also know many diet foods have ingredients that cause stomach pains. I cannot tolerate malitol, an artificial sweetener... Or inulin, an artificial added fiber in many bars and such. Some of these added ingredients in diet products are not good for you. Eat clean fresh foods and you won't have these problems or discomforts.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I can't afford to go to the doctor, otherwise of course I would be going there and not asking people online. Doesn't anyone understand that medical care is not free? I am not an adult with an established career and money to spare, I am a college kid who pays ALL her own bills. If I am not dying, I am not going to waste my money on a dr who will throw some pills at me and charge me $100.

It's not appendicitis, it's a pain over the complete surface area of my abdomen not just where my appendix is. At least I hope it's not...

I don't think it's possible for me have an ulcer, unless it was stress related :P And if it was an ulcer I feel like it wouldn't have just popped up out of the blue two days ago

Are there absolutely no free clinics in your area? What about a campus Doctor or school nurse? A bunch of people can tell you what they THINK it could be the only way to know for sure is to get examined!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I can't afford to go to the doctor, otherwise of course I would be going there and not asking people online. Doesn't anyone understand that medical care is not free? I am not an adult with an established career and money to spare, I am a college kid who pays ALL her own bills. If I am not dying, I am not going to waste my money on a dr who will throw some pills at me and charge me $100.

It's not appendicitis, it's a pain over the complete surface area of my abdomen not just where my appendix is. At least I hope it's not...

I don't think it's possible for me have an ulcer, unless it was stress related :P And if it was an ulcer I feel like it wouldn't have just popped up out of the blue two days ago

If you're a student, why don't you go to your student health center?

What else could anyone suggest other than to see a professional? It would be irresponsible for any of us here to suggest otherwise.
  • AnnieFJ
    AnnieFJ Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Move to the UK. Its free here.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    MFP is not a Dr.s office. You need to see your Dr. It could be kidney stones, UTI, Appendix, Heart Attack, any number of things. Don't risk your health by asking strangers! get your booty in to the Dr.! Let us know how it turns out! :heart:
    Also I don't know what state you live in but there are many programs for free or reduced medical. Check your local welfare office. In Ca we have Medical. You can be seen pretty much right after leaving the welfare office. Use it. That's what it's for!
  • APhoenixRising
    Options
    Sounds like what I experienced with gall stones...but yes, it could also be appendicitis or an ulcer or IBS or probably any number of things. Bottom line, some of these things can kill you. I know it sucks to have to shell out money for a doctor, especially if it turns out to be nothing serious...but honey, broke is better than dead.
  • canadianchick11
    Options
    Go to the doctor asap! I understand you completely when it comes to money ( I'm a student too, but thankfully I'm in Canada where everything medical is free) but you can't put a price on your health! Good luck, I hope you feel better :flowerforyou:
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I understand that you can't afford doctors, but this has been persistent for a length of time. In TX we had a place called TX Med Clinic which people without insurance could go get checked out and it was only $85. Anything like that where you are?
  • sarabhorton
    sarabhorton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    At least go to your college health clinic. They can do a preliminary exam and possibly a few tests for you.
    If it's related to diet, maybe they can help you figure out the food sensitivity or whatever else may be causing the problem. I really urge you to go see someone.
  • maria25428
    Options
    good luck. hope it gets better.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Yes medical care does cost. . . but with that level of pain that you are describing . . . this is not something that should go untreated. . I would go to the doctor IMMEDIATELY. . .

Your health and your life is much more important than a medical bill you have to pay off. .
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    Go to the ER they will send a bill later!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

Emergancy rooms are free
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Two things:

1. Clearly you're not a doctor, and therefore have no freaking clue if it's appendicitis or an ulcer or not. I mean, unless you're studying to be a doctor, which at that point maybe you might have a bit of a clue. WebMD doesn't count.

2. You could be dying, at which point, by your own rules, you'd need to see a doctor. Please refer to point #1 as to why you don't know for sure if you're dying or not.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

It's called a payment plan.. most places have them.

Go see a DR and stop whining about the money... There could be something seriously wrong that you need to get checked out.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Emergancy rooms are free

... Upfront, yes.

Like it or not, I'd say see SOMEONE. Student health center, maybe? Look for a free clinic, perhaps (our local shelter has one.)

It could be gas. Or indigestion. It could also be appendix or gall bladder, a torn muscle in the abdomen, an ulcer... a bleeding ulcer... torsion of the intestines... Mother nature hating you... anything.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    i would recommend seeing a doctor and not asking people on an internet forum........

+1

If you're not going to go to the doc then call your mom/aunt/boss, someone not on the internet and say this to them so they'll convince you to go to the doc.

*SMH*
  • stinastudios
    stinastudios Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Paying Medical Bills is not as bad as being dead.

Just saying.