My mom's death sparked my weight loss of 110 lbs.

Options

Replies

• amberray4307
    Options
    You look awesome and your mom would be so proud of you!!! Your an inspiration for everyone else on here and GOOD LUCK with your journey!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Wow - you are amazing! Your mom would be so proud of you
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Just got back from vacation. Thanks for all the new comments! :smile:
  • Kimberlycc
    Options
    Wow, great job on your success! You look great! Keep up the good work.
  • rockstar65
    rockstar65 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What an awesome job and a great thing to do for your children, not only the losing weight and becoming healthy for them but to be able to give them the tools they need to live such a healthy life style too. You are truely a motivation, Thanks for sharing your story:smile:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    You are an inpiration!! Good work! I lost my mother when she was 54 and I can relate to all the emotion that goes with -- so I commend you!!!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My mom is in her early 50's and I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen to her (she doesn't smoke but otherwise eats horrible with tons of salt and grease and never exercises). Your mother did die way too young, and I'm sorry. Actually seeing mine so 'old' at her age is a big motivation for me as well...losing weight and changing your lifestyle in your 30's is hard, but it'll be even harder if I wait until I AM too old for my age. Until I changed my mindset and got things going, I was just continuing the cycle of being fat and sedentary in my family. Someone has to stop it.

You've done awesome! And you've taught your children a better way of life, as well. You're a great success story and motivation. :)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I have the same sort of motivation. My mom died of a heart attack at age 46. I was 15 years old. She never got to see any of her grandchildren. I don't want that to be me.
  • lizhipwell
    Options
    My Mom and Dad's deaths (6 months apart) also influenced me to start this journey to a lower weight and better health. At my age my Mom had double bypass surgery, had smoked since she was 13 years old, had insulin dependent diabetes, and 10 years later died at 57 years old...my Dad followed from a massive stroke at the age of 57 as well, and he also smoked from the time he was 13 years old up until the day he died...This was ten years ago.
    I went to the doctor in February and I was told I have diabetes on top of my high cholesterol and depression, and she told me if I continue as I was I would have heart disease and be insulin dependent in 2 years time...it was a no-brainer...I started myfitnesspal that very day and have not missed one meal or day since...as a result I am now in the pre-diabetic category, my cholesterol is in the normal range and my depression is more manageable. I've lost 62 lbs so far, am 1 lb away from breaking into the 200's and my life has opened up in ways than I could imagine...
    This is my way of honoring them!!!
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Love the story, the pics & all, bravo!! Sorry about your mom, My dad's passing got me to quit smoking, he died when he was 62 and it was a horrible time. Because I quit smoking, always comes next is eating, and I helped myself! I'm the heaviest I ever was not pregnant. :( Now, its time I correct that! I'm in it for the long haul, I have 50 lbs to lose and I know it will take some time. But I'm optimistic and your story really encourages me! Very Proud of you!
  • Debi_Dreamer
    Options
    Wow!!! Awesome!! You're such an inspiration.:heart:
  • sweat2lve
    Options
    awesome
  • Primrose1960
    Primrose1960 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you look amazing but the most important thing is you are fit and healthy and will be there for your children and grandchildren. My mother also didnt look after herself and had a stroke at 57 and died at 63. Our Mothers died way too young. You have done such a great job to loose so much weight and be fit. Your Mother is helping you in a way to be a better person.
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've done so well and I'm sure your Mum would be very proud of you and your achievements. I actually put on a lot of my weight after my mum died (3 yrs ago) so - although you had a great motivation - I think you've shown great determination and will power being able to lose like that through such a difficult period. My mum always wanted the best for me and was a nurse so would always badger me about my health - eventually I've realised the best thing I can do now is lead as full, healthy and a happy life as I can in return for the life she gave me. All the best - I bet your kids are so excited to have such an energetic Mum, you're a great example to them.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • ELeeBenson
    Options
    Congratulations Amy, job well done. It's unfortunate that we have to wait for a tragedy such as yours to take control of our lives. But you took that loss and turned it into something good and you have become a new you. I posted a similar story last night and I know exactly what you went through. Keep it up! You look fabulous!
  • caseyandjess
    Options
    well done amy i haver the same reasons why my nanna died at a young age, my mum has blood pressure, chrolestrol and diabeties type 2. really dont want this happening to me.

thxs for accepting my friend requests, all the best to the rest of your journey

you really are doing well. Lots of love sharl x
  • HoneyDancer
    Options
    Fantastic. Really inspirational! You look good!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing and have done such a nice job sticking with it! Your family must be so happy that you made the choice to get healthy. Such an accomplishment!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about ur mom but so happy for your health, my dads poor health was my inspiration as well, he died in June but had been ill for most of his adult life and partially crippled since i was 12. I always begged him to take better care of himself but he just couldnt accept that food was doing this to him.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!