Your weightloss victories: Share the things that changed after weightloss

Options
Hello dear community.

I am actively working on losing 30 Kg (66 lbs). I have have lost 5 kilos and still have 25 to go.

The reason I am doing this is to improve my health (Joints pain, lethargy, feeking bloated all the timen skin mycosis in the skin folds, culpability...) but also because I am tired of constantly worring about not looking the way I want, not being able the dress the way I want (Skin chafing, not finding clothes I like at my size,...). I also would like to be able to do daily activities without my belly getting on the way (Giving my self a pedicure, tying my shoes etc)

I have just started this journey (I have tried and failed before) and it gets hard sometimes.
I would like to hear the positive changes that happened to your body and also your mental health after losing a significant amount of weight.
It will help me a lot as well as anybody in need of motivation to keep going

Replies

• 9bhtn65nzj
    9bhtn65nzj Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I’ve currently lost just under 11 kilos out of my initial goal of 15 kilos. My ultimate goal is to lose 20 kilos. I started my journey at 85 kilos on 1st May 2022 but have a little longer to go.

Even though I am a work in progress, I can tell and have been told by lots of ppl that my double chin and chubby face has drastically reduced, my arms and tummy have have reduced and I’m happy to hear the compliments! I’ve also been told I look much younger than my actual age 😊

I can feel that my mental health has improved, I’m a lot kinder to myself and have much less self loathing and less telling myself off for making one bad meal choice.

I like how my body looks now and am excited to see the final result.
  • cosobsession
    cosobsession Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sharing your experience.

I am really looking forward to seing some resulats. I think physical pain, the guilt, and being able to shop as I please are the change I am most excited about...

Good luck to all of us :):)
  • lpwest3
    lpwest3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Lovely to hear people are feeling better in themselves.

I'm currently 38kg down and my two main improvements have been:

- No longer being out of breath walking room to room (blamed that on long covid to avoid facing facts that I was 150lbs overweight)
    - Not having what felt like burning napalm in my throat every night from the acid reflux of drinking 5 cans of pepsi each day.

Other than that, just the nice comments from people noticing how I look younger now and feeling happier to look in the mirror and have photos taken :)
  • cosobsession
    cosobsession Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @Coldcitytoo I am so happy for you, it's crazy how we think some things are normal only to find out they were not once we lose the weight.

Also, I would love to be able to sit confortably ?? I mean I never know what to do with my legs since I can't cross them, and I am always slouching due to heavy breasts and weak back and chest muscles...
  • Annie42019
    Annie42019 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    @justanotherloser007 I’m still…despite 75 pounds lost and at a healthy weight… a DDD. Sigh.
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting and best of luck. I have lost right around 30 lbs and still have about 35 to go. I am starting to see the benefits. I have dropped a size in pants and shirts. I was able to go shopping for new work clothes and it was a much better experience. I found a few cute tops - and they actually looked nice on me. It was exhilarating to find something I liked instead of just something that fit and didn’t look too horrible. I am not as tired as I was. I didn’t realize how tired I was before. My confidence has improved. I know my feeling of worth should not be tied to my weight. But I feel better and I feel better about myself. So it has improved my confidence. I have found other ways to treat myself than food that was bad for me. I took a class on making stained glass that I wanted to take for years. I enjoyed it so much and know I would not have done that if I had not started down this path. The benefits are spilling into all aspects of my life. I want this for everyone. I have a few people close to me that I would love to help them find this. I haven’t figured out how to do that in an uplifting, encouraging way. I don’t want to come off as “look at me”. But I want them to feel this way. Open to suggestions 😀.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Also, I would love to be able to sit confortably ?? I mean I never know what to do with my legs since I can't cross them, and I am always slouching due to heavy breasts and weak back and chest muscles...

One day you'll be like me when I first crossed my legs again. I was babysitting at my son's house and the kids were napping. I just crossed them, without thinking on the couch, trying to get more comfortable. Then it hit me, "I just crossed my legs!" Then I uncrossed them and crossed them the other way. The breasts should lighten up as they are mainly fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!