Protein Ideas

Options
Theresamag
Theresamag Posts: 2 Member
I hear so much about Protein and know I am not eating enough and think that is why I am hungry and eat more. I try to eat hard boiled egg for breakfast and really don't eat a lot of meat so hoping for ideas on how to get more protein in during the day. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Love the app and this forum!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    diary
    fish
    greek yogurt
    protein powder
  • MaryStregger
    MaryStregger Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie every morning with fresh orange juice and visalus powder, which has protein in it. I also eat 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with green grapes for a snack - cottage cheese is very high in protein.
  • alicebud
    alicebud Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    & beans
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    tuna pouches! yummy and tons of protein but not many calories!
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Nuts!
    Peanut Butter
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    String cheese
    Yogurt
    beans
    peanut butter
    atkins or south beach protein bars (try to stay around 140-160 calories usually has 10 grams protein)
    I also make protein smoothies with Smart Smoothie Protein Powder. I mix it in 1 c soy milk, 1 c water and 1/2 c frozen blueberries (I LOVE the strawberries & cream)
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    almond butter. after you've had that, you'll never want peanut butter again.
  • Theresamag
    Theresamag Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you all - will try and hope it helps!
  • kailey_watson
    kailey_watson Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat and i get more protein than most of my carnivorous friends:

Every day I have at least
    1 serving of cottage cheese (10 grams protein)
    1 serving of protein powder (30 grams protein)
    2 servings of kashi (14 grams protein each)
    1 can of Green Beans (7 Grams of protein)
    8 oz Soy milk

Most days I end up with 80-90 grams of protein. I definitely suggest trying the Kashi cereal (the go lean crunch, specifically) because it has both high protein and high fiber, which is important for high protein diets.
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    1 egg isn't really a lot of protein, neither is peanut butter. Milk products (milk, cottage cheese, string cheese, greek yogurt) are good. I try to have a Adkins shake or Myoplex lite after working out (under 200 calories and low sugar)
    Jimmy Dean D-Lite sandwiches have 17 grams and are under 300 calories for breakfast.
    Eggs are good if you have 3-4 egg whites for an omlette
    I try to have some with every meal so I always go a little over on protein but never on carbs. I eat carbs but I try to eat mostly foods with limited processing which eliminates the boxed stuff. I eat some granola bars and stuff. I buy Amy Lu's chicken sausages for lunch (apple smoked gouda is my fav) for a change from the normal turkey sandwich routine.
    It does keep you fuller longer, tummy bloat down and muscles recover quicker
  • gumpg1
    Options
    If you don't eat a lot of meat I would try and work in a protein shake. I have one after every workout. It's 271 cals and has 32 grams or protein. Very good way to get a step up on your protein total for the day.