Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,500 Member
    Options
    I’m so happy you’re updating!
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Keep us posted! You can do this! This is YOU succeeding, and taking care of yourself, because you deserve it. You are winning at life in slow motion. This is how you love your body. Your body will continue to change to reflect the good choices you are making. It's a marathon, not a sprint. It's not being on a diet, it's simply your lifestyle. See you again in the 260's!
  • staceylouise09
    staceylouise09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was 320lbs start of this year. I’ve been battling my weight my whole life! Previously I’ve lost a couple of stone but couldn’t tell a difference, gave up and put it back on.

I’ve recently lost just under 7 stone so far. I still can’t tell a difference really when I look in a mirror (I can tell when I look at photos, so strange) I am in smaller size clothes though.
    People started commenting around the 5 stone mark, now when I loose weight people notice a lot faster now I’m smaller. Last weekend I had 4 people in one day mention how much weight I’ve lost and that I look amazing, it just took a long time for it to show.
    Hang in there and trust it will happen!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,500 Member
    Options
    I was 320lbs start of this year. I’ve been battling my weight my whole life! Previously I’ve lost a couple of stone but couldn’t tell a difference, gave up and put it back on.

I’ve recently lost just under 7 stone so far. I still can’t tell a difference really when I look in a mirror (I can tell when I look at photos, so strange) I am in smaller size clothes though.
    People started commenting around the 5 stone mark, now when I loose weight people notice a lot faster now I’m smaller. Last weekend I had 4 people in one day mention how much weight I’ve lost and that I look amazing, it just took a long time for it to show.
    Hang in there and trust it will happen!

Body Dysmorphia is a thing. I went through the same thing. It took ages to go away for me, and even now still flares it’s ugly head.

You know how the kids talk about “food babies” ? If I eat or drink a lot, and see my food baby in the mirror or shower, it can take me back. I have to take calming breaths and remind myself this too shall pass.

Literally, lol.

Have people take more photos. I’ve had to ask my husband to randomly take more of me so I can see myself as “others” see me. He forgets though. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Fourthharmony290
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    here's another

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10196160/scale-stress-syndrome/p1

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png