Writing for member pmbach1 (Pam) LOST 162 LBS!!

Options
Dianedoessmiles1
Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,027 Member
edited September 2022 in Success Stories
I'm copying pmbach1 (Pam) blog with her permission. We are both members (I am an over all leader) on the 5% Challenge of which Pam is a member.

Re-Write Of I Am So Honored
Posted on 8/27/2022 by pmbach1

I was not able to edit so here is the re-write:

It was an honor to chosen to appear in the First For Women magazine. It all started when I was active on Spark People. Occasionally we would get an email asking if we wanted to be interviewed. Certain criteria had to be met. I answered one. The writer Lisa responded. I got very excited and told my friends. It didn't happen. Lisa must have held onto my information for three years because in April of this year she contacted me again. Things happened very quickly! May 5th I had professional hair and make up and a photo shoot. Picture standing on one leg and smiling on command for three hours. I think I will keep my day job. When Spark People closed I joined My Fitness Pal and now they keep me accountable. Even though I am in maintenance I do the 5% challenges for the same reason, accountability. If this article can help people I am happy about that!

Here's some before and after pics:

vke8295u57g4.png
th0bmnrd8mre.png

The AFTER that was in the magazine:
3ime9dcm9vh8.png

Side by side before and after
i1owwjt0kb6e.png

xw0qtjktrkbv.png

Would you like to join Pam and write your OWN SUCCESS journey? You certainly can!! Did you notice she maintaining (THE HARDEST PART once we reach goal) on the 5% Challenge? I am also a member who's lost so far 119 lbs. WHY is the 5% Successful? Here's the team description (We love new members to experienced members and those as Pam who are in maintenance, ALL are welcomed!): Join this supportive team and let's have fun as we lose 5% of our weight, make new friends and improve our health! Race to Fascinating Places for 8 Weeks. JOIN us to write your own success story!

Here's the link:

AFTER YOU HIT JOIN PLEASE READ THE 💡💡Start Here Team Choice - You Must Choose a Team💡💡

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143596-2022-fall-5-challenge-team-plz-join-us

Please leave any comments for Pam below. She has the link and will be waiting to see if you have any comments etc.

THANK YOU PAM for letting us share your story and how with the 5% Challenges you are so successful!!
Tagged:

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,027 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS Pam!!!! I know I've told this, but WOW every time I reread your story it still motivates me!
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations Pam! That's so great. Very inspiring.

I did the spring 5% challenge and I found it very motivating. I just joined for the fall challenge. Thanks for the link and the reminder!
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,171 Member
    Options
    LOVE this!! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • redgolden966
    redgolden966 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Fabulous story! Congratulations on your amazing achievement!
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,707 Member
    Options
    Fabulous transition! The 5% Challenges are quite helpful to keep us motivated and accountable.
  • GSPsnBees
    GSPsnBees Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Pam congrats on your successful weight loss and congrats on your maintenance!
  • pmbach1
    pmbach1 Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys really are the best thank you sooooo much. If my story can help people that makes me happy!!!!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    That’s amazing! Not only that your story got published, but that you have maintained your weight loss! Outstanding job!
  • Steeperslounge
    Steeperslounge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Pam! You're amazing and an inspiration to many.
    Many of us Sparkers are here. I still track the recipes from Sparkpeople here on myfitnesspal.
    BTW you look amazing!
    15822 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    @pmbach1 I showed this to my boyfriend and he thinks you look great. That's not what he actually said, but what he said was both more flattering and less repeatable.
  • pmbach1
    Options
    @15822 I'm not sure I will be able to get through the door with this swollen head. Thanks so much you made my day!
  • pmbach1
    Options
    I will be thrilled if this helps other people!! Thanks guys!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!