What's one thing that attributed to your weight gain?

Options
For the last 30 lbs I'm trying to get off NOW... Taco Bell for sure and Domino's pizza. But growing up, my family would get these pies every now and then and I would eat a whole one to myself. I don't think I'd dare eat a whole one NOW. I can't believe how bad these are, my parents were oblivious, and the whole thing is just pure sugar.

dwazcl.jpg

Replies

• daves160
    Options
    Fast food at lunch, and generally not eating healthy foods. period
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow! I forgot about those. Yes, I consumed my fair share of those as a kid. Not to mention the endless trips to the candy store (it was within walking distance). My parents never said a thing about it. LOL.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Not getting right back on healthy eating and exercising after I had my daughter. Then, eating really crappy foods and never bothering to exercise.
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    loving the taste of food way to much
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    School, my mother in law, and bake sales!
  • kailey_watson
    kailey_watson Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Stress eating... The combination of a pint of ice cream or batch of cookie dough and an essay or test was (and is) my biggest enemy.
  • tinywithaBIGheart
    Options
    *SODA , fast food & my sweet tooth . :/
  • Musicgrl4life
    Options
    those things are killer!!

Main thing for me, is just eating because i was bored/ sad. emotional eating. Luckily, I haven't done that in a while, mostly because i won't eat after 8:30pm.

Also, mostly only eating junk food/ unhealthy food and drinking lots of soda.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I had a knee injury in 2001 that was the start of it all. I was in an immobilizer for almost 2 months, and my knee healed with a permanent bend in it. I did months of physical therapy to strengthen the knee, tissue, muscle, and to straighten it out. I was "out" for almost 9 months with this injury. I basically learned to be lazy while I was laid up and couldn't do much.... and watching cooking shows became my most coveted thing. So, watching TV and learning how to make ooey-gooey foods didn't help, either. Fast forward 8 years, and I slip on ice and hurt my other knee. I still have issues with it, just depending on it's mood, and that hinders a lot of my workout plans. So, I just do what I can, and watch my diet now. I've had a lot of success, mostly from the support from family and friends, and I plan on having more success!!!

Newest, baddest downfall: a MASSIVE bowl of Chocolate cheerios w/ skim milk. I'm drooling thinking about them.
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    Most of my weight has come from my babies! But they are 5 and 3 now, and it has taken me this long to get the baby weight off! I ate pretty much anything and everything with both of them and I big time regret it now! I am about 5lbs from my pre babies weight now, but ideally I would like to get down to my wedding weight which is another 10-15lbs!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I was lazy and ate whatever I wanted. I'm a hedonist at heart.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Cooking lots of rich meals, and eating more than a serving 'cause it tasted so good.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    For me it's just eating more than I need to. Yes, trainers can add weight too. Luckily for me it's not more than 10-15lbs. My goal weight is just so I can be at 7% body fat even if it's just for a day. It's not sustainable for a long time especially with how I train. 170-180lbs is ideal for me.
  • annarouni
    annarouni Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Using food as an antidote to stress....wrong method altogether! Exercise works much better. :D
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Lack of self control I guess.

I could blame my mum for filling the cupboards with junk, but my sister had the self control to take apples instead of chocolate coated museli bars and packets of chips, i had the lack of self control enough to take her and my share of junk and leave the apples for her.... she is thin, she has self control, and me, if it was there, i ate it and didn't think about the consequences.

Instant gratification isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's so easy to eat those calories, and so bl00dy hard to get them off.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Fast Food, Pepsi, eating beyond being full, and being a slug.
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    OMG.....over 400 calories!!!! Goodness. I have eaten my fair share of them I will tell you that. I am so glad that I can now make healthy decisions.

Thanks for sharing!!!! My obsession was candy, cookies, and chips....LOTS OF THEM!!!!
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Using food as an antidote to stress....wrong method altogether! Exercise works much better. :D

^ this ^

I couldn't agree more.
  • SarahBear9708
    Options
    Growing up was definitely too much junk food. The past few years it's been because of medications and the fact that I am chronically ill with Fibromyalgia. But I'm trying to beat it!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My family owned a fast food restaurant. It's what I had for lunch and dinner every day my junior and senior year of high school. But I had an amazing figure then. It didn't hit me until I graduated. The year after graduation I blew up. I loved fast food, sweets of any kind and pizza.