New App Ads Are Awful

jessicacecily
jessicacecily Posts: 1 Member
Anyone else incredibly annoyed at these new pop up ads when adding new food entries to your journal? Yeesh.

Answers

• TheOlderFoust
    TheOlderFoust Posts: 1 Member
    Absolutely! It's literally become an ad factory after every interaction
  • plattef71
    plattef71 Posts: 34 Member
    Absolutely ! Most of them have absolutely nothing to even do with health or the health industry.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,893 Member
    While it could be super convenient to use my phone to log food, the ads are indeed annoying, so I am back to logging on my computer, where I do not get ads.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,329 Member
    It’s interesting people are complaining about this now - I went premium pretty quick after joining a few years ago as the ads were popping up constantly. Wonder if the UK got more ads? 🤔 I just thought everyone else was cool with it and I was odd for getting irritated!
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    It’s interesting people are complaining about this now - I went premium pretty quick after joining a few years ago as the ads were popping up constantly. Wonder if the UK got more ads? 🤔 I just thought everyone else was cool with it and I was odd for getting irritated!

That's funny, I'm in the UK and have barely seen an advert in the 8 years or so that I've been here until recently. Either you're in a different target demographic (although I'm not sure MFP ads are all that smart) or maybe you were part of A/B testing where some users are served ads and others weren't.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,329 Member
    scarlett_k wrote: »

That's funny, I'm in the UK and have barely seen an advert in the 8 years or so that I've been here until recently. Either you're in a different target demographic (although I'm not sure MFP ads are all that smart) or maybe you were part of A/B testing where some users are served ads and others weren't.

Yeah I’m wondering if I was part of a testing group. Basically every time I added an entry I got an ad and they often covered the page. I didn’t have a good signal at that point either so they didn’t always load properly and froze the app. Maybe I was part of a test group where they’d figured out exactly how many ads it took to make someone go premium?! 🤣

This discussion has been closed.