Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New App Ads Are Awful

jessicacecily
jessicacecily Posts: 1 Member
Anyone else incredibly annoyed at these new pop up ads when adding new food entries to your journal? Yeesh.

Answers

• TheOlderFoust
    TheOlderFoust Posts: 1 Member
    Absolutely! It's literally become an ad factory after every interaction
  • plattef71
    plattef71 Posts: 34 Member
    Absolutely ! Most of them have absolutely nothing to even do with health or the health industry.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    While it could be super convenient to use my phone to log food, the ads are indeed annoying, so I am back to logging on my computer, where I do not get ads.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,537 Member
    It’s interesting people are complaining about this now - I went premium pretty quick after joining a few years ago as the ads were popping up constantly. Wonder if the UK got more ads? 🤔 I just thought everyone else was cool with it and I was odd for getting irritated!
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    It’s interesting people are complaining about this now - I went premium pretty quick after joining a few years ago as the ads were popping up constantly. Wonder if the UK got more ads? 🤔 I just thought everyone else was cool with it and I was odd for getting irritated!

That's funny, I'm in the UK and have barely seen an advert in the 8 years or so that I've been here until recently. Either you're in a different target demographic (although I'm not sure MFP ads are all that smart) or maybe you were part of A/B testing where some users are served ads and others weren't.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,537 Member
    scarlett_k wrote: »

That's funny, I'm in the UK and have barely seen an advert in the 8 years or so that I've been here until recently. Either you're in a different target demographic (although I'm not sure MFP ads are all that smart) or maybe you were part of A/B testing where some users are served ads and others weren't.

Yeah I’m wondering if I was part of a testing group. Basically every time I added an entry I got an ad and they often covered the page. I didn’t have a good signal at that point either so they didn’t always load properly and froze the app. Maybe I was part of a test group where they’d figured out exactly how many ads it took to make someone go premium?! 🤣

This discussion has been closed.