What's one thing that attributed to your weight gain?

Options

Replies

• stacyrhoades11
    stacyrhoades11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Junk food and eating out a lot...then of course having 4 kids and thinking that I could consume whatever just cause I was pregnant and it would fall right off after...ha yeah right...I still got it
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Chinese food, pizza, fast food.. You name it.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    The hole in the bottom half of my face.
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    Pregnancies put the weight on, but my portion sizes kept it on!!
    I have been eating the same size dinners as my husband for nearly 5 yrs now because "I need the energy to look after the twins' or "because I'm breastfeeding" "because running around after 4 kids takes a lot of energy!".......excuses that have kept me 10kgs heavier then I need to be.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    But OP, it says it's made with REAL FRUIT... That's health food!!!

I thin my biggest contributor was eating from boredom. I love cooking and baking, baking breads, cookies, etc. And, more to the point, eating those things! And washing them down with soda.
    Like someone else said, though, gluttony & sloth.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    But OP, it says it's made with REAL FRUIT... That's health food!!!

I thin my biggest contributor was eating from boredom. I love cooking and baking, baking breads, cookies, etc. And, more to the point, eating those things! And washing them down with soda.
    Like someone else said, though, gluttony & sloth.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Partying in college, then goin out to eat when the bars closed or the party ended. Basically a complete extra meal (or worse) 2-3x a week on top of the regular 3 meals I was already eating that day

Probly gained 1lb a week that way. 9-10 months of college, 45-50lbs I'd say.

I was always a bit overweight, but that did me in for sure.
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    Trying to eat what my Hubby could!!! And sugar chocolate sugar chocolate sugar chocolate.. Get it??
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    having babies.
  • fivetwo84
    Options
    Eating my emotions - from happy to depressed, & everything in between. A lot of it was also being a product of my environment. My mom had eating issues & since I spent the most time with her, I picked up on that as a child. While I was overweight in high school, most of my weight gain was after I graduated. I also had the misfortune of thinking I was so fat as a child/teen that I didn't realize how fat I was getting after high school, if that makes sense. When I was 19, I got a job where I was working crazy hours all the time, & my weight really got out of control once I started 3-11 six days a week & was eating like a pig after I got off work until I went to bed, & on my only day off I would eat ALL day. I still work crazy shift-work, but I am finally getting things under control - just wish I could have done it sooner.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Hypothyroidism, age and.....tortilla chips!
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    I had a "not so enjoyable"* fast food job right after graduating from high school, and was going through a lot of problems with depression and anxiety, and I gained like 30 or 40 lbs, eating at work a lot. After that I worked at a coffee shop, where I gained another 20 or so pounds, mostly I think from bagels every morning and sugary drinks. I got my self in to really unhealthy eating habits and still seem to be gaining weight.

I think a lot of it is stress/depression eating. The stress and depression make it really hard for me to find motivation or feel like I'm able to leave the house to get some exercise. I only gain weight when I'm unhappy.

*edited because MFP makes me realize that I'm accidentally swearing by editing my posts.
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    Laziness. Pure laziness. And, of course all the junk food/eating out that comes with being lazy.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    The hole that the food goes into is larger than the one it comes out of.
  • jminette
    Options
    Portion sizes.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I gained about 40 lbs after I started brewing and having beer around all the time on tap.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This is a minor factor, but I realized that when I married a non-dancer, I pretty much stopped dancing and therefore stopped exercising altogether. There is so much more to it than that, though.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    PS... I stopped caring after I left Onderland and I convinced myself that I couldn't possible get bigger than that...but I didn't change my behavior and boy! Did I get bigger!
  • teeboogie
    teeboogie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I blame the mirena iud for: bringing my weight loss to a complete stop and adding more weight :explode: .It has taking a long time for it to leave my system so I think I'm in the clear now. There is a serious catch 22 with medication :devil: .
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Forcing myself to stay in a relationship to "make it work" because it was the only thing I knew at the time. I was trapped, and I found other sources of "happiness" I guess.