What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,260 Member
    Options
    Lunch with two MFPeeps today. So fun to meet friends

That's exciting. Have fun 😊

Twas lots of fun. I find it funny when you meet people you "meet" here they are a bit surprised that you are the same in person. Why the heck would I make up an entire life, I'm not that creative for goodness sake 😂🤣

I'm actually not really the same in person, good Lord, I'd never say some of the things I say here in a room full of strangers if they were sitting in front of me😂 I get what you mean though ❤ Unfortunately, some people do that. Glad you enjoyed yourself. 😊

I talk....a lot....and like meeting people so it's easy making conversation. I'm hoping my one friend comes up next year since I'll be turning 50 we can have a fun girls weekend in the backyard of my new house haha

I talk alot once I'm comfortable with someone. I hope your friend makes it for your 50th ❤ I've only meet a couple people from MFP many years ago. I wish I could meet more, but everyone is so far. Not many Canadians here 😅

I'm from Toronto so lots of people pass through here. Heck I've an Instagram follower friend who will come for dinner once we get our new house.
    My one friend came and stayed withus a few days and another we visited when we were in his city. This weekend was visiting on their turf. Luckily it worked out.

For you people should make the trek, tour province is lovely. We stayed twice in your capital cause we liked it so much on last year's road trip
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    I’m butting into your convo.
    When I meet people that I feel like I know and am comfortable with I am in your face friendly and a total blabbermouth.
    I’ve been told I’ve never met a stranger.

I always feel like I say too much
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    When I meet people that I feel like I know and am comfortable with I am in your face friendly and a total blabbermouth.

I always feel like I say too much

Me too, around the people I'm close to. I'm sure they've all wished I had a filter at one point 😅🤣
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    Options

Twas lots of fun. I find it funny when you meet people you "meet" here they are a bit surprised that you are the same in person. Why the heck would I make up an entire life, I'm not that creative for goodness sake 😂🤣

I'm actually not really the same in person, good Lord, I'd never say some of the things I say here in a room full of strangers if they were sitting in front of me😂 I get what you mean though ❤ Unfortunately, some people do that. Glad you enjoyed yourself. 😊

I talk....a lot....and like meeting people so it's easy making conversation. I'm hoping my one friend comes up next year since I'll be turning 50 we can have a fun girls weekend in the backyard of my new house haha

I talk alot once I'm comfortable with someone. I hope your friend makes it for your 50th ❤ I've only meet a couple people from MFP many years ago. I wish I could meet more, but everyone is so far. Not many Canadians here 😅

I'm from Toronto so lots of people pass through here. Heck I've an Instagram follower friend who will come for dinner once we get our new house.
    My one friend came and stayed withus a few days and another we visited when we were in his city. This weekend was visiting on their turf. Luckily it worked out.

For you people should make the trek, tour province is lovely. We stayed twice in your capital cause we liked it so much on last year's road trip

I love Toronto, I have family that lives there. My son studies at University of Montreal and last time we went to visit him we drove up to visit them and then went to Niagara Falls for a few days.

• CoffeeNstilettos
    Options

Same -- no one I've met on here lives anywhere near me. There are some I would love to meet, though.

Well, you said you'd be here in 7 hours, 3 hours ago... k1yx5ov83r3v.gif
  • OnlyPans
    OnlyPans Posts: 629 Member
    Options

My opposite. I'm very, very quiet, and a good listener (not just sitting there, I'm probing). People are data to me, basically. The more data the more likely I am to get comfortable.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    Options

Same -- no one I've met on here lives anywhere near me. There are some I would love to meet, though.

Well, you said you'd be here in 7 hours, 3 hours ago... k1yx5ov83r3v.gif

I hate to burst your bubble but I think I'm maybe 7 hours away by plane 😬

I think you're right 😅 dammit...

uor8ixag4ibj.gif
  • OnlyPans
    OnlyPans Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    OnlyPans wrote: »

My opposite. I'm very, very quiet, and a good listener (not just sitting there, I'm probing). People are data to me, basically. The more data the more likely I am to get comfortable.

So unlike some, our phone calls would just consist of silence

Phone calls?!

I mean, we could just skip that hideous social exercise.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    @_Dan1985
    What if it's on and off again staring because he's at the check register buying something(shes sitting down having coffee).

She says hi to make it less awkward and to be polite, also thinking there's something he might want to say. but he just continues to stare and smile. What is he doing?? Thinking??

maybe her hair is on fire
    People who use their car as their profile pic. On social media. When I read something they wrote I always anthropomorphise the pic as a car talking…like the Pixar movie. Anyone else do this, no just me? Okay then

i do this and its weird when there’s racist political rant and its their pet yorkie complaining about how the neighborhood is being ruined by foriegners
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Close proximity illness. It happens every year to varying degrees.

My area is experiencing a Covid surge since college is back in session.

My kids start school this week and i’m anticipating everybody being sick for about three weeks.

I’m going to go tomorrow to get my flu shot and set up the kids appointments for theirs.

I’m trying to reinforce the handwashing. And we’ll be wearing masks in grocery stores. I’m not comfortable telling them to wear masks in school because they will be the only ones but I really wish they would. When protocols were strict we skipped that year of illness.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

I love Toronto, I have family that lives there. My son studies at University of Montreal and last time we went to visit him we drove up to visit them and then went to Niagara Falls for a few days.

I make my family go to the falls often. Winter, spring, summer...fall. We must experience it ever season. Btw winter is best when the mist freezes on trees and the railings it's like a magical winter wonderland
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited September 2022
    Options

I make my family go to the falls often. Winter,
    spring, summer...fall. We must experience it ever season. Btw winter is best when the mist freezes on trees and the railings it's like a magical winter
    wonderland
    I’ve always wanted to see The falls in winter from the Canadian side . I’ll have to get my traveling papers in order soon. My sister is marrying a Canadian
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Close proximity illness. It happens every year to varying degrees.

My area is experiencing a Covid surge since college is back in session.

My kids start school this week and i’m anticipating everybody being sick for about three weeks.

I’m going to go tomorrow to get my flu shot and set up the kids appointments for theirs.

I’m trying to reinforce the handwashing. And we’ll be wearing masks in grocery stores. I’m not comfortable telling them to wear masks in school because they will be the only ones but I really wish they would. When protocols were strict we skipped that year of illness.

I'm dreading back to school too and have been asking my boy his plans for masking. We shall see. He has some mandatory sleep away excursion mid September. I'm hoping he's sick before and can't go so we avoid the sickness that's bound to come from the trip.

Fingers crossed all our school aged kiddos stay safe
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Cutting into tofu reminds me of dissecting a sheep brain
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Cutting into tofu reminds me of dissecting a sheep brain

I was about to question your hobbies but then I figured maybe you did this in school, so I don't need to be concerned

I was a theatre major
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,801 Member
    Options
    vw3lordwhkb7.jpeg
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options

I very recently met up with an MFP member. I know i was incredibly impressed with this person to say the least. And i believe they were surprised with what im really like....for the better i hope.....
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »

I very recently met up with an MFP member. I know i was incredibly impressed with this person to say the least. And i believe they were surprised with what im really like....for the better i hope.....

I guess it's really too bad that some misrepresent themselves online which leads people to be surprised. My one friend when I met her the first time commented I look exactly like all my pictures. Well duh ya cause it's my 🤣😂🤣
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »

I guess it's really too bad that some misrepresent themselves online which leads people to be surprised. My one friend when I met her the first time commented I look exactly like all my pictures. Well duh ya cause it's my 🤣😂🤣

I have definitely evolved in my way of thinking about people and their online personas. To each their own is my thoughts now. I have no idea what their world is like or what they do for escspe or just for some goof off fun. While i have never posted a filtered pic in my life, i regret to have acted the fool online in the past and completely out of my normal character. I think my own mistakes have taught me to be more tolerant of others. Thankfully, my recent experience was with an amazing person online and in person.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I've a 2 hour exam Wednesday. I wonder how long it'll actually take.