Over 50 & 50 to lose

Hi There

I am starting back up with using this app to track and hopefully lose this extra weight. I would love a few friends who are in the same boat as me to hold each other accountable and encourage each other!

Send me a friend request if interested

Setting a small goal of 10% to start!

Replies

• sarahshafir
    sarahshafir Posts: 1 Member
    I’m ready to lose some extra pounds & I’m over 50. Let’s do this!
  • TicTacToo
    TicTacToo Posts: 76 Member
    Hello!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    I'm a sub-par MFP friend, but am just stopping by your thread to cheer for you, because your thread title resonates. I lost 50+ pounds at age 59-60 back in 2015-16, and have been at a healthy weight since, so I know that what you're proposing is possible. You can do it - make a personally-tolerable plan, focus more on making it easy/sustainable rather than super fast, and you'll get there.

Best wishes for success!
  • SunSetTraveler
    SunSetTraveler Posts: 24 Member
    Hi Angela sounds like we have the same goal I will send you a friend request 🌻
  • SailorMom54
    SailorMom54 Posts: 12 Member
    I am 50 and need to lose the 50# 's as well for mental and physical health. I also would like to find some friends that may help with motivation and keeping each other accountable.
  • Bellawow
    Bellawow Posts: 32 Member
    How about over 60 with 100 lbs to lose. I am also wearing my fitbit on my ankle. My goals are to Lose weight, keep BS in range, build Stamina. Little by little. Last week m goal was to walk to 2 mail boxes with my overweight Chihuahua who has Cushings disease. This week I am up to 3 1/2 mail boxes. woohooo. Next, I am logging my food, but was getting discouraged because I did not close it out at the end of the day. Now, I log my food for the day so I have a plan. Close it out. If I have additional things, I log it and add it. There is also a way to say I blew it not even counting. how that helps is I put it in the meal where it happened, and then know I need to work around that. The first few days It happened in my afternoon snack. Got that under control, last 2 days was at bedtime. By logging that I know that is something I need to work on right now. I also know I have to work at my pace and not compare, but watching others work on where they are and improving, gives me inspiration too.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    @Bellawow - That sounds like a very thoughtful, sensible approach you have going, with the mailboxes and the meal plans! Also, you're using what I think is a good experimental, observant method alongside: "Try one approach, see how it goes; if it's not great, look for ideas to try in the community and repeat the experiment with one of those; keep going until you find your personalized formula." Good stuff!
  • SunSetTraveler
    SunSetTraveler Posts: 24 Member
    Bellawow..slow and steady wins the race..I know for myself I get inpatient expecting quick results and at my age that just doesn't happen..so I have to remind myself I'm making alot of changes slow down (mentally) give myself time to adjust or like U said try something different without being discouraged.
    So sorry about ur pup our dachshund had Cushing 😕 I will send u a friend request 🌻
  • ZermattNikki
    ZermattNikki Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hi! 🙋‍♀️
    I’m over 50 too and happy to cheer you on… and be cheered on! I’ve just returned to MFP and am determined - though I’m keeping it slow and steady - otherwise it won’t be sustainable…
    Let’s do it!!