Does anyone try to keep their boobs the same size without shrinking them for fat lost?

I know I don't want to loose mine,so I hold them in place with few bras before my work out.Just wonder if anyone else have better idea for this issue? I know it's a silly question.

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Sports bras, in any quantity, will not help this. Breasts are mostly fat tissue; just as you cannot exclusively target stomach fat to lose when dieting/exercising, you also cannot retain fat in any particular area of your choosing. This is why many (or most; at the pro level I'd venture to say it's almost universal) female physique competitors have breast augmentation surgery.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Boobs will do what boobs will do. Some women lose their boobs when losing weight, some complain that their boobs don't shrink. It's just genetics, nothing you can do.

This. My boobs get bigger every time I gain weight and DON'T shrink when I lose weight. Once I hit 'goal' I reckon I might look at a reduction.
    Other people I know, the boobs are the first things to go.
    You can't spot reduce, you can't spot retain, fat does what fat does.
  • goldenxbeauty
    goldenxbeauty Posts: 154 Member
    edited September 2022
    You can't target fat loss, but from personal experience, I had to get a reduction in order to make mine smaller, even with 80lbs combined weight loss, Ive lost nothing in my chest.
    Lost 30lbs when I really didnt have 30lbs to lose before my surgery. Nada.
    Reduced from a 32E cup down to a D cup and they've been a D cup through 14 years, a 60lb gain, a pregnancy, another nearly 50lb loss.🤷‍♀️
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    You can't target fat loss, but from personal experience, I had to get a reduction in order to make mine smaller, even with 80lbs combined weight loss, Ive lost nothing in my chest.
    Lost 30lbs when I really didnt have 30lbs to lose before my surgery. Nada.
    Reduced from a 32E cup down to a D cup and they've been a D cup through 14 years, a 60lb gain, a pregnancy, another nearly 50lb loss.🤷‍♀️

But a D cup is not equal to a D cup if your band size changes 🙂 I lost 75lbs and my cup size is the same, but my boobs are definitely a lot smaller.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I know I don't want to loose mine,so I hold them in place with few bras before my work out.Just wonder if anyone else have better idea for this issue? I know it's a silly question.

where did you get this strange idea from
  • amberchen86
    amberchen86 Posts: 55 Member
    I guess there is nothing I can do about it.I just thought if my boobs don't do exercise but other bodyparts do that I can keep my boots the same. I don't want to have a flat chest that looks really bad to me. I guess I don't want to loose too much weight. I don't want to look like stick at the end.I really have body images issue. So far my butt shrink a bit but don't want to shrink that too.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Butt has a lot of muscle - lifting weights and lower body workouts will keep your booty ;) Chest is more difficult. Building your pecs can help perk up what you do have, but nothing will keep your body from using fat from where it will.
    I'm one of those who's boobs volunteer as tribute as soon as I'm losing weight - they don't completely go away, but go down to a not-very-perky B+...but I'm also in my mid 40's lol. Younger years they were perkier lol. Again though, chest and pec workouts help by building up the underlying muscles there.
    Can't choose where you will lose fat or not though - and until you lose it, you can't know where your body will pull from first...unfortunately for me, if I want to lose the very unattractive saddle bags I get, my boobs are going to go first...my body does not attractively carry excess weight :(
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Your body determines on how it loses fat stores. No amount of manipulation (other than liposuction) will affect how fat is lost on the body. Well with the possible exception of doing a single body part with continuous exercise for like 6 hours straight. And the loss is minimal at that (.08 %)

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,541 Member
    The exercises you choose to do are great contributors to health and strength and good mood.

They are only indirectly related to overall weight loss. And they are not an instrument of successful localised weight loss.

Your overall caloric balance will determine your weight loss or gain.

Your body is not static and even at a set weight will re distribute fat over time. Temporarily during weight loss you may have uneven fat loss which tends to re distribute over the next year or two.

If you have body perception issues a discussion with your doctor about what may be a health weight range for you may be a great starting point.

Depending on how many lbs you have to lose (you mentioned not many) aiming for a weight loss of a lb a week or less may be more appropriate than aiming for lb a week or more.
  • amberchen86
    Thank you for the advice and infor.I think I still in good shape now.For now I think I want to work on gaining some muscle in some area after my healing period from surgery. I still prefer the firm n muscler look. I think lifting weights more and less cardio probably better for me.I also heard people said drinking coffee will make my chest flat so I am going to stop drinking coffee. I can't stand to think I will have small boobs after loosing weight.It really looks bad in any clothes.I am going to try as much as I can to keep my boobs in good size lol.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    "Slaps the coffee out of his gf's hand"
  • amberchen86
    I have body image issues and I believe many people have them here too.Eveyone have dream to look certain way.I was always been told I don't look good by being certain way.I feel very lucky here to have people support me here.Hopefully we can achieve our dreams to better ourselves.People make fun of me all the time.I learn to ignore them.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    .I also heard people said drinking coffee will make my chest flat so I am going to stop drinking coffee.

Whoever these people are, stop listening to them. That's utter nonsense.

• amberchen86
    Thak you.I will try to search more before I do anything to myself. Sometimes I believe what people say because I think they succeed what they were doing. Most of the time I don't know what am I doing that is why I ask questions. It's hard for me to do exercise and eating right. I force myself to do it every day now. Yesterday I broke down and eat too much and didn't feel like doing exercise.I felt bad all day. I am going to try to do it right today , hopefully didn't ruin my hard work from last few days.maybe only eating right and exercise is the right way.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member

I force myself to do it every day now. Yesterday I broke down and eat too much and didn't feel like doing exercise.I felt bad all day. I am going to try to do it right today , hopefully didn't ruin my hard work from last few days.maybe only eating right and exercise is the right way.

Now you’re catching on!

That’s exactly the problem. People want to make a change, but want it to happen yesterday. So they dive in and try to make it happen overnight. And then after a few days, they’re sick and tired of it and tell themselves “this isn’t working, I quit”.

If you’re “forcing” yourself to do anything, it’s not a long term plan.

Life is too short for forcing anything.

• amberchen86
    I know life is too short to force anything.I know forcing myself to do it is not a long term solution. I know myself well if I don't push myself no one can help me.I believe if I keep it up it will be my new life style.I am not a quiter. I know it takes time to train myself.I am really lucky to have you as a friend to support me here.You are actually my hero here.