Back again after baby no.2 Need accountability

Options
Hey, I’m 3 months postpartum with baby number 2. Busy mum of 2 in UK on maternity leave, between school runs, baby stuff and housework, I haven’t much time for me. I have 2 stone to lose to get back into my clothes (other than leggings 😩) but I can’t stop eating chocolate and grabbing other unhealthy snacks when on the go. I make any excuse to avoid exercising 🙈

I’ve lost it before after baby 1 so know I can do it if I get in right frame of mind.

Looking to join/start a group on here, preferably with women in similar position in UK to get me motivated and back to feeling and looking more me!

Any suggestions on existing groups or anyone want to buddy up?

Replies

• katiekaczmarek1
    Options
    I'm in Australia but also (almost) 3 months pp with my second. A lot of weight to lose!
  • lyns286
    lyns286 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi @katiekaczmarek1 how are you getting on? I’m finding it so much harder 2nd time round. Starting at 198lbs and want to get to 168 then see how I feel.

Trying to get out walking but it’s raining a lot this now so might just need to try fit in exercising at home and stop snacking on chocolate 🙈
  • samm8911
    samm8911 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've used MFP intermittently but admittedly have difficulty tracking what I eat. My current goal is to start walking more. I'm aiming to create a habit and then improve on it. Being accountable to someone other than myself would be a huge help. Happy to meet you all!
  • lyns286
    Options
    Hi @samm8911 how are you getting on? I’m on week 2 now, week 1 was good with exercising but awful with food, but still managed to loose 0.8lb. So week 2 have been planning my food in evening for the next day and so far I’m sticking to it. weigh in day on Thursday so will see then if it’s working.
  • samm8911
    Options
    My goals for this week are to track what I'm eating, include veggies in lunches and suppers and get my butt out of the chair (I'm a writer) and walk for at least 10 minutes every afternoon. So far I've tracked yesterday and today so far (it's just before noon). I plan my meals for the week on Sundays so I have veggies prepped for today's lunch. Good for you on sticking with your plan. I would like to report to you every day whether I have: 1) tracked what I have eaten, 2) Had veggies with lunch and dinner, and 3) walked 10 minutes. What will help me most is an acknowledgment for having checked in with you and reported these 3 things (or a call out if I haven't) and a smiley or clapping if I've accomplished all three things. I'm trying to establish the habits at this point by showing up. How can I best help you? Have a great day, Lyns! and thanks for your support!
  • lyns286
    Options
    That’s great you have 3 goals. Hope they are going well. Yes happy to help with that, i don’t get notifications for community or come in here regularly so if want to message me or if logging on MFP it should show up on my feed that you’ve logged your food and exercise.
    I find just seeing others are tracking their food and exercise a reminder that I need to as well. It’s like a mini competition. But so far I’m staying motivated. If I’m having a tough day and struggling to stick to plan I might come on here or message for vent or a kick up the bum to keep going! Thanks :)

Hope you have a good day!
  • samm8911
    Options
    Ok, I'll write my note in the feed. Have a great day!