Intermittent Fasting + Low Carb (not keto)

Options
2»

Replies

• PBAUSA17
    PBAUSA17 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have to echo recommendations in previous posts about the work by Dr. Jason Fung. He's excellent.

I've been doing IF this week, but I have to say I really prefer extended fasting. Every time I eat, it seems to reset my body to expect food, and then I have to be hungry when I'm not eating. When I do extended fasting, after the initial hunger phase passes (a day or two), not eating becomes easy.

I'm doing IF this week because I have an eating "event" just about every day this week. Two picnics, a taste test, and an ice-cream social. I decided to only eat at those (all calorie bomb) events. I haven't lost any weight, but I've maintained, and a week like this would usually result in backsliding 5 lbs or more. So, I'm counting it as success.

How long do you usually fast when in an extended period? I eat 1-2 meals a day and finish by 2pm each day and then don't eat until mid-morning the following day. But I am hungry! So want to try something else to mix it up.

• Ashley_in_wonderland
    Options
    So I’ve lost about 35 lbs doing IF and the last 20 ish pounds have been low carb… I have a grain intolerance so I considered keto but couldn’t give up fruit. I eat about 1300-1500 calories M-F but indulge a little on weekends. My window is 10AM-6PM and I do 3 meals and 2 snacks. It would probably be more but I had some hiccups with consistency in my workouts. 3tti0zomh11m.jpg
  • skinniesomeday
    skinniesomeday Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 in early August. I was devastated and found Dr fung s book the diabetes Code. I read it immediately and been doing 16:8 ever since . Its now tiime to move up to longer fasts but I take so many medicines for High B/p and now Diabetes and for cholesterol. I go onvacation next week so I know that will be a challenge on when to eat. I know I can extend my fasts to 20 or 24 hours and will do so when we return the first of October . Of course the medicine for diabetes has shed tons of water weight .. but it has encouraged me none the less !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!