Hello, I’m new and looking for accountability friends

Options
Hi there! New to MFP and looking for other women to chat and for support. I’m 51, 5’ 10”; SW 247 CW 244 GW 185 :) I’m trying IF 16:8, and tracking my macros. Getting a bit more active since I really slacked off during COVID.

Replies

• emjustem06
    emjustem06 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Adding you!
  • abbyadk
    abbyadk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. Just got my new Fitbit sense and trying to use it for motivation. Any suggestions would be helpful
  • heatherdpaulick
    heatherdpaulick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to be accountability buddies! I am 48. I have been struggling with this journey (this time) since April. SW: 200 CW: 182 GW: 150

Would love to link as friends on here and take this journey together…anyone?
  • Melany3
    Melany3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, Id love to join in the accountability group. I just downloaded the app and I’m very new. Im 45 and have 10kg’s to lose. Im from Australia 🐨. I’d love to know how this will work? Do we just post our progress on this community page? Thank you ☺️
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Looks like there are a few of us this week that would like to ban together for support.

I’m looking for people to really hold me accountable and call out my excuses for what they are, not just the soft sided “you can do it” motivation.

I am a 51 y/o mom of two teens living in a small town in Northern California. I am utilizing 16/8 intermittent fasting, walk 45 minutes a day, calorie range 1200-1500 with a focus on increasing my protein intake. I recently started going to the gym with my daughter and I love it.

That is, until I sprained my knee Leaving a concert and the gym closed for remodeling. I couldn’t walk, work out and the excuses just snowballed from there. The gym opens back up on Monday and my daughter (a tenacious little thing) helps keep me on track.

I started at 251.9 last June and got down to 201 in April. Graduation, my dads passing, a few party atmosphere summer vacations and I lost sight of the big picture. I am back up to 219.8 and I’m putting a stop to my wishy washy motivation and would love a good strong group of people to rock this with. Who’s in?
  • vss56
    vss56 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    GrMom69, I've been on this weight loss roller coaster most of my life I'm getting close to 70 this year I need to get up off the couch I would like to get down to 170 I was up to 220 got down to 186 my goal weight would be 170 again
  • Bellawow
    Bellawow Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I too am getting back into it. Over 60 with more than 100 lbs to lose. I wear my fitbit on my ankle to keep track of all my steps no matter what I am doing, and able to cook and clean too. I am retired, but trying to build stamina bit by bit. Logging all my food, even If I blow it, but then I only add I blew it not counting. However, that is showing me where I need to work on that meal/snack moment. I have a long way to go little by little. I get up first thing and have my mini walk. The first week was difficult. I only made it down the street to two mail boxes. Now I am up to 3 and 1/2 still difficult, but a bit better.
  • SBR1313
    SBR1313 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    New on here! from Canada looking for accountability and motivation friends or groups.

I'm 38 live on Canada. I have been on this weight lost journey since a teenager. I have over 100 pounds to lose to be in a healthy BMI. I am pre diabetic and was just referred for weight loss surgery:( I work from home and have a toddler. No support system I have put on over 60 pounds since having my child 3 years ago.
    Sept 13 2022
    SW:276
    CW:270(water weightnot fat)
    MINI GOAL 250 BY DEC
    My goal is to lose 25 pounds every 3 months and keep it off.
    GW 175

Want to make friends say motivated and held be accountable to stick to my goals.
    Feel free to add me

• latonyasjustice
    latonyasjustice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends I have been on this race before my husbands death, I lost focus and gained all what I lost and added more, but now I am back fully to loose about 90pounds, also trying to help my daughter of 14 to get in shape , I need more friends for support and motivation, I am from parksley Virginia USA, I think workout and exercises or go for a walk with friends from here will be great all friend request are welcomed
  • Mama530
    Options
    @Bellawow I’m glad to see you’re making some progress and being accountable to yourself. It’s really hard for me to keep my motivation strong, the only thing I ever do right is track my food honestly. I hope you have a great walk today. Stay hydrated and feel good about the food choices you make!

Hi @SBR1313 !! I too have been on this journey for most of my life. It was hard when my kids were little-little because they need so much from us. Ten years ago, I lost 85 pounds and managed to keep it off for over three years. I never wanted to embarrass them and be “the fat mom”, but my son’s senior night at football last year, I was the heaviest I’ve ever been, nearly 252 pounds. I refuse to walk the field for my daughter’s senior night this year.

@latonyasjustice My 17 year old daughter and I have started working out together, it’s great motivation having her as a partner. She’s also started doing intermittent fasting with me and asks more and more for nutritious meals. I have a long way to go, but I keep plugging along. Recently, my son has started tracking his food, switched out sweet tea for water, goes on long walks and has set a goal. It makes me happy to see them making some lifestyle changes all because I’ve taken some charge of my life. It’s amazing how much we influence them.

My motivation and dedication still waffles. I’d love to make some connections with others that are serious about the end goal, life long healthy living with a splash of decadence. People that cheer each other on and keep the motivation strong! Feel free to add me!
  • ThinMichelleSparkles
    Options
    I've added everybody who posted above as a friend. I am 52. I need to lose 135 lbs. I have a really bad sugar addiction. Maybe we can get some type of accountability group going
  • SamanthaStambaugh
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am 51 and from BC, Canada. I am looking to lose 50 lbs. I live with chronic pain and mental health issues. Looking for some friends and accountability to get out walking again. Hoping to add mindfulness, meditation, yoga, serenity, and self-care into my life. Long road ahead but I see a small glimmer of hope when I get a nudge in the right direction.
    SW - 186
    CW - 178
    GW - 125
  • JaniceCotton
    JaniceCotton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I turned 50 in august this year and promised myself I wasn’t going to live the next 50 🤞🏼😬 being overweight and miserable. I restarted my weight loss journey on the 31st august and I’m down 9.4lbs so far, would love to lose over 100lbs but taking it little goals at a time. I have just opened a group called The 50’s - weight loss journey if anybody would like to join or add me please feel free to do so. Good luck, we got this 💪🏼
  • Mama530
    Options
    I think getting a group together is a great idea! Easier to connect with.

How did everyone do today? What we’re your struggles? How about successes?
  • Mama530
    Options
    Good morning all! Heading to the gym today. Which is good, I haven’t exercised in two days…. Nor have I stayed in my calorie range AND I haven’t drank enough water.

But, I’m not giving up!
  • ThinMichelleSparkles
    Options
    Good morning Ladies. Hopefully everyone got to add me back as a friend I sent requests a couple days ago. I did try to join your group Janice a couple days ago but never got anything to accept me in. I was thinking about maybe doing a FB private group or FB Messenger since it's easier to get in there and for notifications. I Love My Fitness Pal but the groups don't really work that great.

We can be accountable to each other or just reach out for support or just have friends on the journey with us.

Either send me a message or put something here so we can see if we can get something going.

I am on day 3 staying on track and this is amazing cuz I never make it this far. And I feel really good about going into the weekend and staying strong too. Let's kick butt ladies
  • Bellawow
    Bellawow Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am told ThinMichelleSparkles that I am in for an accountability group, as I need to lose a lot and have a long road ahead. I am not great on FB, but Might have to do that if that is where the group goes. I prefer Discord and google sheets as I can keep the same google sheet going and just add to it. I am on discord daily. I even keep it running the background on my second screen.
  • Mama530
    Options
    @Bellawow i have Discord, but I’m baffled how to use it. You should give me a crash course how-to, lol

I went over my calorie range yesterday and missed my step goal by a hair. I’m going to do better today. My plans are to finish up my workout plan (I’m writing gym split work out plans) and to inventory what’s in my freezer so I can get a menu planned out for the week.

Otherwise, my day is going to be pretty mild