What are your "secret diet weapons"?

Options
I want to see what other people use to help keep their diets on track. What are your secret weapons that are completely essential to keeping you on track?

Mine are:
Naturade Soy Protein Meal Replacement Powder
Insulated Klean Kanteen (in purple!)
My personal trainer

... and of course, MFP! :happy:

Replies

• peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    My Bowflex.. and water, and well this may be obvious, but MFP.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    power aide zero - even with the sodium
    a gallon of water - yes I carry around a gallon of water
    packing my food everyday ( even the weekends)

Muscle and Fitness / RX fitness magizine for motivation :-)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My offensive friends on MFP...
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    my HOT friends on MFP that I want to emulate!! :love:
  • Elanesse100
    Elanesse100 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Running and Working Out (A lot)
    Not eating unhealthy foods (Sugars, Caffeine, Fried)
    Eating my fruits and veggies
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Food scale
  • lupemele
    Options
    What helped me the most in the beginning was My KASHI meal replacment bars. Now it's just tons of exercise and running, lots of WATER and yes lots of powerade Zero for after my workouts......TONS OF SALADS, TONS OF WATER! and boiled eggs the whole egg! :) oh and my treats: Apples and Peanut Butter :)
  • 76wendyful
    Options
    Daily mantra- changes from time to time, but mostly it is my mini goals. Such as "170 by September 30th". I use it when I am feeling the urge to eat badly or when I don't want to exercise. I just repeat it over and over until I get past the urge. It has helped!
  • alohabrie
    Options
    Secret weapons:
    1. Bulking up meals with things that I can eat and that keep me full. Example - lots of spinach (my fav) or other vegetables in eggs, pasta, etc.
    2. Whole grains
    3. My ipod with audio books on it for gym time. Makes the cardio machines less boring - and I love a good story.
    4. Planning meals and healthy snacks - so I always have something I can eat.
    5. My Friday night ritual of wine and thin crust Papa Murphy's pizza (with less sauce/oil) - to look forward to with the boyfriend unit. :wink:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

And a good sense of humor about the whole process.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Music, without it I would not be motivated enough to push myself to the extreme. So awesome to stand in the street at night, closing my eyes and just let the music flow, feeling the adrenaline run through my veins as the animal within me takes over.
  • anvacarz
    Options
    MFP and I second packing my lunches. I also enter what I'm planning on eating for the day as soon as I decide. I might adjust here and there, but for the most part, I try and think ahead.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My oldest daughter. We talk on the phone almost everyday. She is also on MFP. She gives good pep talks and has has terrific cooking tips. We learn a lot from each other and cheer each other on.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    The desire to learn and the knowledge of how to research are my secret weapons.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Addition and subtraction
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    Secret weapons:
    1. Bulking up meals with things that I can eat and that keep me full. Example - lots of spinach (my fav) or other vegetables in eggs, pasta, etc.
    2. Whole grains
    3. My ipod with audio books on it for gym time. Makes the cardio machines less boring - and I love a good story.
    4. Planning meals and healthy snacks - so I always have something I can eat.
    5. My Friday night ritual of wine and thin crust Papa Murphy's pizza (with less sauce/oil) - to look forward to with the boyfriend unit. :wink:

Oh my gosh, I second the spinach. It wasn't until I was an adult that I started eating fresh spinach (my family has always been big on canned foods because it's cheaper; I can't stomach the stuff now), and now I try to sneak it in wherever I can. Salads, sandwiches, pasta dressings, etc.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

This ^

Also:
    Justin's Nut butter (http://www.justinsnutbutter.com/ <- I"m not making an innuendo). it makes everything taste better...
    Making food I love
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Desire. Vanity. Apathy...
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Bringin a smoothie to work, altering its contents depending on how much I ate that day, or how long I'll be out. It's generally 100g of protein and 800-1000 calories. We get free food there, but I never eat anything. I get stuff like 'you never eat here' or 'you dont need to lose weight' all the time, but theres a reason for that...

My last place of work, I'd do the smoothie and brought one apple a day. Every day around 7pm I'd take a 5 minute break to eat it, we deemed it apple break. Before long, production haulted at 7 and most of the staff would break for an apple. Very srs. We did bananas sometimes, which got pretty naughty when people started feeding eachother.

pic from my phone
    aplle.jpg
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    eggs............ strange as it sounds !

fill me up at breakfast so i dont snack !