I’m New!

Options
Hi Everyone,
Just starting my journey today. I’m nervous because I have a hard time staying motivated because of health issues. But I’m telling myself I’ll feel better by taking control of my nutrition and fitness. I’ll be needing loads of support and inspiration! I’m so glad to be here.

Replies

• dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi there, and welcome aboard
    I just take it one day at a time
  • trixie218
    trixie218 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too. I'm doing good so far - only been 5 days. Tracking is the key for me. Good luck!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Flip this story on its head !

Think how much better your health issues will be once you take control of your diet.

Between my husband and I, we’ve lost almost a “third” of us, not to mention losing a severe case of GERD, at least one CPAP, a diabetes medication, and we are having fun now, doing things we didn’t even know we’d enjoy! Tai chi, yoga, weights, hiking, and aquafit, which we do together. Something about being in the pool brings the kid out in both of us and we have fun!
  • sandramarshall200
    sandramarshall200 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’ve started here again this month, also because of health issues. I find they motivate me.I need a hip replacement and I am prediabetic. I have been told in no uncertain terms to lose weight, or I wont get the operation. Also, Im experiencing immobility and pain and I don’t want this, I want to be fit and have fun. It will be fine, honestly.
  • jkohler0377
    jkohler0377 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am restarting again as well. I am a complete sugar addict which does not help my T2 Diabetes. I do pretty well with working out but I can't out-work a bad diet. If I want to feel good all the time the bad stuff has to go. I know when I eat healthy the aches and pains go away. It's so worth it!!
  • barbfuhr
    barbfuhr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also have several health issues and a ton of meds. Taking charge of your health and nutrition is going to help quite a bit. More than you know. So stick with it and stay motivated that's what we're here for to help you. Good luck.
  • asugar1390
    asugar1390 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello I have been off and on this site a lot for years but been steady since Oct 1. I can help support you as I am dealing with health issues too and realize how much diet plays a part!