What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    No row due to weather. I was on course to do nothing but decided that was bad for my mood as well as my body.

Stationary bike, the usual 10k + 3' (I didn't need the CD but had pushed "reride"), all under 65% HRmax/118bpm, a mere 82W average 😆🤣.

Had just just eaten a voluminous dinner, so even with my cast iron digestive system, it seemed prudent to keep it easy pace.

Even doing that, and even with the ceiling fan on, I sweat stupid-much: Soaked. Such a delicate flower of aging femininity! 🙄
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,903 Member
    Pull day in the weight room...

Pullups
    BB Rows
    BB Shrugs
    Machine rows
    Preacher curls
    DB Side bends
    Side planks

Plus there was lots of jumping up and down in front of the TV last night watching the MNF game.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Just around 45 minutes on the treadmill @ 15% incline. Pretty easy stuff.
  • bulfrognz
    bulfrognz Posts: 6 Member
    30 minute Z2 ride on zwift. 20 minute run off the bike on the treadmill.
  • AnnPT77
    Pretty much repeat of yesterday: 10k+3' easy pace stationary bike, holding HR at 65% max & below.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I went diving over a long weekend.

Thursday
    We arrived in Cornwall after a 6 hour drive in time for a shore dive. 47 minutes, 13 meters. Very nice bimble.

Friday
    3 dives in total. They were all on the Manacales reef; I've forgotten the exact sites. I think the third was Raglan; and the second was Carn Du. I can't remember the first. They were nice.
    53 minutes; 25 meters.
    57 minutes; 21 meters.
    44 minutes; 23 meters.

Saturday
    We did North Vase on the Manacles, followed by the Helford River. My drysuit flooded; I was cold. I found Vase spooky, possibly because of the flood
    50 minutes; 23 meters.
    55 muntes; 6 meters.

Sunday
    We only did one dive (Pancra Head) near to shore as the weather became horrible. I did a 12 mile hike in the afternoon.
    27 meters; 44 minutes.

Monday
    We got two dives in before coming home. Darren's crack followed by South Vase, both on the Manacles.
    44 minutes, 26 meters.
    52 minutes, 27 meters. Lovely dive.

Tuesday
    I went climbing for 2.5 hours. It was good. I got one v4, which took me many, many goes. Some of the other v4s felt close, I should try to get back to the gym to retry them.
  • nossmf
    Push Over the Hump Day!

Bench Press
    Incline Bench Press
    Decline Cable Fly
    Standing Overhead Press
    Cable Pushdown
    Cable Woodchoppers
    Cable Perloff Press
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Another day, another 3 miles on the elliptical. :smile: It felt good to move.
  • nossmf
    Cardio day...started with forcing myself to get up and to the gym when my body knew I wasn't going to lift...ended with an hour on the elliptical doing hills.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Gym day today. Strength session with my trainer, then 30 minutes of running on the treadmill.

I gave a reluctant "yes" to an invitation to play pickle ball tonight. I'm not too enthusiastic about the game, but I'll enjoy socializing with my endurance friends now that the racing season is over.
  • AnnPT77
    Another short, lower-intensity (86W average) stationary bike ride, 10k+3' again, took about 30' total.

Heart rate was weird: A little higher than usual (that part I sorry if understood), but also higher at lower watts then lower at higher watts. WTHeck? Maybe Garmin battery weirdness? 🤷‍♀️
  • AnnPT77
    Back on the river, rowing stroke seat in the quad (repeating "in . . . out . . .three . . . four . . . in" in my head pretty much the whole time, as usual when I'm in stroke 😆), just under 7k. HR unusually high again.

It was 38F (3C) or so, but splash droplets were freezing on the white bulkhead in front of me, which was shaded as we headed upriver. Instant melt when we turned around and the sun hit that surface.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited October 2022
    Went down the Mexico yesterday and got the tooth that was hurting last week adjusted. Dentist confirmed it was what I thought -- just rubbing too hard in one spot with the new crown. All good now.

Did around 45 minutes of easier cardio today on the treadmill and Assault Bike. Lifted this morning.

Will be gone a couple of weeks. Going on a Western European cruise and leaving Monday. Pretty excited. Not the ideal way to see Europe but we're going to Nice, Corsica, Rome, Portofino, Toulon?, Sicily (and one or two more ports). Going out of Barcelona. I've never been there either. I've been a Construction recruiter for decades, so it's in the Gothic Quarter -- looking forward to seeing that for two days before we leave port. My son is nice enough to be coming to take care of our animals for us to help out his sister, who lives with us.

Will likely not be doing too, too much there physical. We're going with friends that are in their 70s and can't walk too much (they are in great shape for their age). See you all in a few weeks.
  • Djproulx
    Today marks completion of three weeks of our gym's seven week fall challenge. Having fun with the contest. I've only missed one of the possible 42 "workouts" and I've completed all 21 of the "workout bursts" (daily choice of 15 burpees, 25 pushups, 50 bodyweight squats or 30 seconds of rope slams). My food tracking and meal prep has also been 100% (not 100% accurate via weighing, but I have identified and tracked everything consumed) . Tomorrow I'll get a check in on point standings.
    According to Garmin Connect, my training load has been low lately, "helping my body recover well". Hope Garmin is right. ;)

I did an outdoor mile walk with my Labrador (who swam, too) and then an hour bike ride this afternoon. Trying to get outside whenever possible on these last warm days of fall.

• Djproulx
    Went down the Mexico yesterday and got the tooth that was hurting last week adjusted. Dentist confirmed it was what I thought -- just rubbing too hard in one spot with the new crown. All good now.

Did around 45 minutes of easier cardio today on the treadmill and Assault Bike. Lifted this morning.

Will be gone a couple of weeks. Going on a Western European cruise and leaving Monday. Pretty excited. Not the ideal way to see Europe but we're going to Nice, Corsica, Rome, Portofino, Toulon?, Sicily (and one or two more ports). Going out of Barcelona. I've never been there either. I've been a Construction recruiter for decades, so it's in the Gothic Quarter -- looking forward to seeing that for two days before we leave port. My son is nice enough to be coming to take care of our animals for us to help out his sister, who lives with us.

Will likely not be doing too, too much there physical. We're going with friends that are in their 70s and can't walk too much (they are in great shape for their age). See you all in a few weeks.

That trip sounds like a blast! I'd really like to get back to Italy and also see some of Spain, particularly Barcelona. Have a great time @ Mike!
  • MikePfirrman
    edited October 2022
    Djproulx wrote: »

That trip sounds like a blast! I'd really like to get back to Italy and also see some of Spain, particularly Barcelona. Have a great time @ Mike!

Thank you. It's kind of my semi-retirement dream (I honestly don't know if I'll ever fully retire) to go to Europe and just ride the trains for a month and see all of it I can take in for a month. The only time I've been there was for my wife's Piriformis surgery years ago. We spent four days in Paris and 10 days in Bruges (and saw Brussels -- way too big for me!). I've always thought the ideal way to see things was not be hurried, but the prices were ridiculously cheap for cruises this past Spring, so I couldn't pass it up. We both got boosted around 8 days ago to try to be as safe as possible.
  • AnnPT77
    Just under 7k, rowing bow in the double.

Temps back up in the 50s/60s F (10-15C) then, got above 70 (21) later in the day. Weird. But made for a beautiful Fall morning on the river, so I'm not complaining.
  • AnnPT77
    Improbably, it was up around 75 F (24 C) today, partly sunny, so I took a bike ride. (It would normally be a rest day, but I had weather-disrupted workouts earlier in the week.) Just over 23 miles, with a bit of a headwind (up to 19mph) in parts, 10.3mph moving average.
  • nossmf
    Saturday I knocked out a total-body workout:

Elliptical hills - 5km
    Deadlifts
    Hack squat
    DB Press / Row
    DB Front / Side / Rear Raises
    DB Curl / Extend

This morning my lower back was tight, figured I'd do more for my overall health by spending my gym time soaking in the hot tub rather than stressing my back by placing a weighted bar across my shoulders for leg day. If I'm feeling up to it, I'll do legs tomorrow, otherwise I'll just skip legs for the week. They are my strongest feature, so missing a single workout won't hurt them, just give the rest of me a chance to catch up, lol.