What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,615 Member
    Options
    Watching house shows from different places than here. Property is is so stupidly expensive here it's crazy to think someone could buy a house for $400k

$400,000. Will buy you a brand new 2700-2900sq ft with 3car garage, storm cellar, all the new fancy appliances here.
    The lot won’t be very big but the neighborhood will have a pool, clubhouse and greenbelts.

Buy an older house for that and you can get a nice big yard.

You'd have to move hours away from where I am to find anything that's $400k and then it would be a hovel. My parents sold their house in the country in 2016 for $1.5 for land value only. Property values are nuts here

That is wild!
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Wow
    This place is boring af
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,223 Member
    Options
    Watching house shows from different places than here. Property is is so stupidly expensive here it's crazy to think someone could buy a house for $400k

$400,000. Will buy you a brand new 2700-2900sq ft with 3car garage, storm cellar, all the new fancy appliances here.
    The lot won’t be very big but the neighborhood will have a pool, clubhouse and greenbelts.

Buy an older house for that and you can get a nice big yard.

You'd have to move hours away from where I am to find anything that's $400k and then it would be a hovel. My parents sold their house in the country in 2016 for $1.5 for land value only. Property values are nuts here

That is wild!

I honestly don't know how people just starting out do it. They're supposedly trying to do stuff to make housing more affordable but I don't see it happening any time soon. Well the solution is to build more condos cause they're more affordable I guess.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    The rain...it's now like 3 or 4 days with rain in the forecast. Getting kinda tired of rain
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Well I figured out why my weight loss stalled. My calorie count was off for my off day training exercise. Now that its fixed I seem to be back on track. And it all had to do with my broken max trainer. This has been on my mind for a while. Maybe now I can move beyond it since I repaired the machine and its kicking my butt again.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I have to admit she’s got balls, figuratively.
    She posts her bedroom talk for all to read.
    I think the word is ****
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    58jvwi4quzal.gif
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    1yjxgydvmju1.gif
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    Options
    Who's ovulating?
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Who's ovulating?

Don’t look at me, too old………. 🤣
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,889 Member
    Options
    Heading home tomorrow. I don't think I brought a heavy enough coat for re-entry into the Midwest... (it's 66° in Houston and 43 back home) 🥶
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Heading home tomorrow. I don't think I brought a heavy enough coat for re-entry into the Midwest... (it's 66° in Houston and 43 back home) 🥶

I feel like we've skipped fall and headed right to winter here sounds the same there
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    The minor dread that comes before every test night. Lots of jujitsu tonight and forms.
    Ugh.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    No matter what the “experts” say and despite all the maps and water current charts,
    it is weird af to have so many floating tennis shoes with feet in them.
    🧐😳🤢
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    I decided what I want in my cell phone. I want the outsides of the Nokia G10 and the insides of the Moto G Power 2020 with the price of something in between. :)
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Our stupid furnace needs a new motor or something.
    The technician guy had major ADHD. He walked into the kitchen cause he needed to sit down to write up his notes and I had some cookies out and he was like oh cookies! Too bad they were squirrel shaped 🤣
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I’m at that age now where my skin seems so delicate and thin.
    If I barely bump my hand on something I get a purple/red bruise type thing.
    Like old people! 😭😭😭
    I’m not aging that gracefully, complaining about it too much.
    But,,,,, sometimes it is a downer.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I’m at that age now where my skin seems so delicate and thin.
    If I barely bump my hand on something I get a purple/red bruise type thing.
    Like old people! 😭😭😭
    I’m not aging that gracefully, complaining about it too much.
    But,,,,, sometimes it is a downer.

I've always had very fair skin and bruise easily and I'm clumsy. I'm nursing s really sore purple one on my left arm right now. No clue what I did but it must have been fairly significant to bruise so much.
    Maybe you're just fair skinned? You're not old enough for thinning skin
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    My neighbour sent a nice note thanking me for including her in my Hallmark Countdown to Christmas party last night. She included how she feels lucky we moved in next door because we seem like the type of people who have a gift for bringing people together and making them feel welcome.

Wait til she comes to the housewarming party! The guest list is ever growing. We haven't done a party like since before my dad died in 2016...they're always a good time
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I’m pretty sure I am the oldest person on my list, except one and I have the most juvenile sense of humor of them all.
    I’m starting to think I might be weirder than I thought. 😂