Looking for 40s motivation

Options
I have been athletic most of my life. Over the last few years (and especially during Covid) my activity has decreased and my weight has increased. I am looking to lose 50 pounds and gain some muscle. I have used mfp off and on for about 7 years inconsistently but I feel a real effort now needs to be put in since it is not as easy to lose or maintain weight as it used to be. I would love to connect with others who have reached their 40th birthday and are struggling to find that happy balance.

Replies

• jennajjclarke
    jennajjclarke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am 45 and this year I am really feeling a new fatigue set in. I'm trying to reset by using MFP to get my activity level and food intake back on track. I am also trying to build weight bearing exercise into my plan to help with arthritis!

I have about 20 to lose and I seem to lose a little and then bounce right back up. About 18 yeara ago I lost about 100lbs so I know it
    ia possible, with hard work and finding a reason to love the journey.

I would love to join your team!
  • makeittogoal
    makeittogoal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am about to exit my 40s and enter the 50s so not sure if I count. I had some great success in the past on MFP but the past few years plus covid has really set me back. I am slowing getting back into moving everyday and making more of an effort. If you are looking for friends to add to your support network, feel free to send me a request.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,391 Member
    Options
    MFP 40's Club is composed of many 40- and 50-somethings who cheer for one another or have shared tips for survival. Not as active now as in the past, but lots of information contained inside, plus some of the posters are still very active in MFP in other threads and are more than willing to pair up as part of your support network.
  • GlennMcMillan
    GlennMcMillan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mental prep and endurance. I am down 35 in six weeks thanks to this app and the community!
  • pratorswife
    pratorswife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My doctor suggested this app. I am 47 and ready to feel better! Love hearing about the success many of you have had with this app!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 earlier this year (March)!
  • genloulee
    genloulee Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi all, I'm also just starting out to improve my health and fitness now I'm 41 :) this app is so good at helping count carbs being type 1 diabetic. Any fellow Diabetics out there please feel free to add me so we can help each other out along the journey x
  • jodymaro1
    jodymaro1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well hello! I am in the same boat, that I have not weight trained for over 3 years because of covid, and then because of a car accident in 2021. I need to push myself to go back to the gym because it is the only way I will get my body back into working order without aches and pains in my back when I get up from sitting for too long and sitting most of the day and night. I also have been on and off the app for many years, and I did maintain my weight for many years until 2021. I am 53 years old, but would sure like to have more friends, to motivate one another, daily!
  • Borntexan43
    Borntexan43 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Very new to MFP....10 days now I think. I am almost OUT of my 40s...not a fan only because this year has been a struggle. The gym was always were I went to push through or just work. I've joined challenges and downloaded courses and with having been a gym addict for years it all seems overwhelming somehow now. What will work, what won't now...that kind of thing. BUT...I'm still working. Just can't seem to give it up. 🙂 Would love to connect with like minded gym rats.
  • RobertJVIII
    RobertJVIII Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello yaw! I’m 42. In with MFP for about 2 months. Started at 236 and now down to 222. Slow and steady as it goes.