Rewards for weight loss?!?

Options

Replies

• cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I'm rewarding myself with Pandora charms. Every time I lose weight, I give myself $5 towards my next charm.
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    SOme gorgeous new underwear and a hair colour :) actually my underwear was a treat from my fella, which i actually more of a treat for him haha, oh well x
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I rewarded myself with a holiday when I reached goal weight (and only gained a lb - yay!)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I believe non-food rewards are really motivating.

I'm aiming for a pedicure/manicure once I get to 160 pounds.

Not sure what my next mini-goal will be.

I reward myself with sneakers every few months, too, if I've been good about getting to the gym. There's nothing like a new pair of sneakers... I love watching them when I workout!*LOL*

Shannon
  • meowow
    meowow Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes! Definitely. Incentives are nice and help. I don't reward myself with food, but instead cute workout bras, clothes, or something totally irrelevant to weight loss: like a new clutch bag or makeup.
  • Thetera
    Thetera Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    lol :) after i reached my goal weight i bought myself a full length mirror so i could see my results! (my bathroom has a tiny mirror so i could only see my face loose weight :/
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm adding charms to a bracelet for each 10kg that I've lost (although I haven't bought the second one yet).
    And I've had to buy new clothes because my old ones don't fit, although that is more about needing to be dressed than a specific weight loss target.

I loooove this idea!!!
  • Dawn1084
    Options
    I have a wish list at a couple of my favorite stores online and all the clothes are in smaller sizes so when I hit certain points I will go to the list and buy 1 or 2 things. But being able to look at the list of all those cute things that I can't wear yet is a big motivator!
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    I just bought myself a new pair of running shoes - Vibram 5 Fingers, the Bikila LS - to celebrate losing 75lbs. Ran in them last night for the first time and got a blister. LOL!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    When I hit 150 I'm getting a tattoo and a new Taekwondo uniform.
  • Jipsychris
    Jipsychris Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I reach my goal I'm going to get my chest tattooed, since I won't be embarrassed to show it off anymore :smile:
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    When I get to my goal weight I'm taking a vacation with my boyfriend (probably around my July birthday) to the beach somewhere. We live in the middle of Iowa- he wants to go to California, but we have some friends who would road trip to Florida with us. We'll decide that later. I'm just excited to be comfortable in a bikini for the first time in my life :) We are broke college students so I can't really buy something every time I lose weight. Wish I could....
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    cool thats a great idea i will now treat myself thanks for sharing
  • malloriewebb
    Options
    Im getting my saggy *kitten* stretched marked boobs done when I hit my goal!!! LOL! I was an A cup, went to a D and now back to a small C. I could get a mammogram and a pedicure at the same time!
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I plan on small rewards after each loss of 10 lbs, my final goal after all of the weight is off is a new wardrobe, I told my husband to start saving now! I want a $5,000 pre-paid debit card like on "What Not to Wear". :bigsmile:

Lol! I wish :)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I decided to stay away from food rewards, because I don't want to be counter-productive, and no clothes rewards, because I want to buy those at the end. here are mine

10- fish to keep my sucker fish company
    20- better headphones
    30- getting hair layered
    40- Heavy Rain
    50- first tattoo!
    60+ haven't thought of it.
  • nikkizmom1962
    nikkizmom1962 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with Pandora beads.........This was if i am having an off day I just look at my bracelet and it gives me the motivation. probably a little mind over matter but what ever it takes..........First I rewarded myself for every 5 pounds now it is every 10 and eventually it will be at 25 lbs since they can be expensive. But another thing about buying the beads is it makes it very personal and i buy charms or beads relevant to something else like my grandchildren or my hubby or even inspirational ones. It is something I will have along with my life long journey........So when you choose to reward yourself (and you deserve to) think of something you actually love and will have forever. good luck in your journey............
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of buying a shirt from Boomslank.com. just because, when i reach 135, i'll be smaller, so hopefully the shirt would look better lol. also considering a small winged quote tatooed at the base of my spine. not a tramp stamp, more like a small space of skin just at the base.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Im getting my saggy *kitten* stretched marked boobs done when I hit my goal!!! LOL! I was an A cup, went to a D and now back to a small C. I could get a mammogram and a pedicure at the same time!

OK - So I just fell off my chair laughing!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: I usually will state the fact that I started this journey a 44 D and now I'm a 36 Long~
  • malloriewebb
    Options

OK - So I just fell off my chair laughing!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: I usually will state the fact that I started this journey a 44 D and now I'm a 36 Long~

I t-totally stole that from Joan Rivers!!! I thought it was awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!