Over 50 women to connect - lose over 50 lbs

Options
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum on MyFitnessPal. I’m looking to connect with other women over 50 who need to lose 50 pounds or more. I love to have a motivational thread or a group to help each other. If there is one already created, can somebody direct me there?
I look forward to connecting.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

You might have a look around, especially in the "Motivation and Support" and "Challenges" part of the Community.

I know of this one, which many women enjoy (though it's not my jam, personally - no diss, just a personality match thing):

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10877006/women-ages-50-for-november-2022#latest

I'd encourage you to also open-mindedly consider some of the all-ages, all-sexes groups or threads, too. Honestly, young and old, male and female, everyone encounters a lot of the same issues and challenges in trying to manage body weight - more so than we sometimes might imagine. (I'm saying that as a 67 y/o woman who used MFP to lose 50+ pounds a few years back, now maintaining loss here. Very, very little of what I wrangled with was specific to being older or female.)

Best wishes!
  • hdmelrose
    hdmelrose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 Thank you! Great advice!
  • BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Really looking for an active menopause site. Weight flew on after I hit menopause and I battle back down to healthy weight but to do so had to be so strictly that my younger self would have been severely under weigh if I followed the same regiment. Sick and tired my appetite being so freaking out of whack with my metabolism. Sick and tired of the assumption I just need to deal with.

So many people talk about eating till not hungry. I can't do that or I pack on weight. Of course I also have to be the rare woman to have cold flashes instead of hot flashes. Yes that is a thing and no it is not better.

It would be so refreshing to have a forum to share what work. No one should have to live with it. If they can help with old age limp dick it is possible to help women aging problems as well.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,717 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @BikeTourer there are a few groups for menopause here, but they don't seem very active. Maybe you're the motivating person who can help them get back on track? Here's one I found with a post from earlier this month.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103812-the-over-40-menopause-weight-issue

Or you can start your own group. A fresh group might also be more active. :)