I can’t lose any longer

Options
Hello ,
I was 89 and with 15 days I lost and reached 85.4kg but after that I couldn’t lose . I am following a strict diet of 1250 workout day and 1000 calories non workout days .
Should I go lower than these ?
120 -120 -20 is my macro .

Male 50 years of age
176cm height
85.5 kg

Help pls
Thanks

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    No, you definitely shouldn't go any lower, you're already starving yourself as it is.

I'm a woman, 1m66, and I lost weight eating more than you, 1700 calories and over!

First of all: weight loss is not linear, you won't lose weight every day or week necessarily, because our body weight is also influenced by fluctuations of water weight and food waste in our system. So you need to change your attitude towards weight loss and be more patient: look at the weight trend over a month or more.

Secondly, you are aiming for very aggressive weight loss eating that little: you will lose muscle mass, which isn't what you want to lose (it's a lot harder to build back up than it is to lose it). Not to mention other possible negative effects on your health by starving yourself. 1200 calories is only appropriate for petite/older/sedentary women. Definitely not for a 80+kg man.

PS aide from a increase in calories in general, I would definitely increase fat intake if you're only consuming 20gr, it's a necessary nutrient for hormone and brain health.
  • jyoti_0
    jyoti_0 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Go for high fat diet. Eat less refined grains.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, at the beginning of a new diet a big deficit will shed maybe 2 lbs of real mass like fat, muscle or both in a week and the rest is water weight. Basically half of your loss is water, which can and will come back and that could be your stall, but again you haven't said how long it's been since you've stopped losing. If you continue to stall then it's just miscalculating your calories in, out or both.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I'm female, older, and shorter and lose weight just fine on 1500 calories PLUS exercise calories.

I use the Happy Scale trending app (iphone.) Sometimes I don't lose weight each week, but over 6 months last year I lost 40 pounds.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,545 Member
    Options
    Mate, just eat!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    I'm going with hasn't a clue how much they're actually eating or burning before chalking it up to catastrophic metabolic meltdown. Cheers.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    1973426 wrote: »
    Wow , thanks so much , I will add the fat and stick with 1500 cl and see the result after 2 months

Thanks all , it was a hell of encouragement

Great! Just to clarify, that is 1500 calories BEFORE exercise :smile:

Unlike other sites which use TDEE calculators, MFP uses the NEAT method (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis), and as such this system is designed for exercise calories to be eaten back. However, many consider the burns given by MFP to be inflated for them and only eat a percentage, such as 50%, back. Others are able to lose weight while eating 100% of their exercise calories.

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032625391-How-does-MyFitnessPal-calculate-my-initial-goals-
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    1000 calories a day is insane and very dangerous. Be careful. Some great advice posted above. I'm 6"5 259 and have lost 129 pounds this past year. I still consume 2300 calories a day because I run 5km a day 5-6 days a week with strength training after running. I'm actually eating MORE since I started back running 2 months ago and I'm still consistently losing.