What's on your mind?

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,132 Member
    I was thinking in front of our window to the backyard but there's a heating vent right in the middle and we like heat. I'm guessing it's gonna be in the hallway off the foyer. I need one of those you hang from the ceiling
    Are you doing a real tree? Because I always worry about drying out the tree being too close to the heat. I thought about one that hangs from the ceiling because of my cats but I think they would just view it as more of a challenge

We always do fake. Hubs is allergic and gas strong opinions apparently about cutting down trees for decoration.

I'm now letting it simmer in it's 4rh spot. I've moved couches and tables. It's a bit ridiculous really 🤣
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    I was thinking in front of our window to the backyard but there's a heating vent right in the middle and we like heat. I'm guessing it's gonna be in the hallway off the foyer. I need one of those you hang from the ceiling
    Are you doing a real tree? Because I always worry about drying out the tree being too close to the heat. I thought about one that hangs from the ceiling because of my cats but I think they would just view it as more of a challenge

We always do fake. Hubs is allergic and gas strong opinions apparently about cutting down trees for decoration.

I'm now letting it simmer in it's 4rh spot. I've moved couches and tables. It's a bit ridiculous really 🤣
    Slightly off topic I’m thinking of starting a Christmas tree farm. They mature in 6 ish years & I have the space. I shouldn’t have read that book
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member

Slightly off topic I’m thinking of starting a Christmas tree farm. They mature in 6 ish years & I have the space. I shouldn’t have read that book

Real trees are the “green” option and help small farmers typically. (I have no opinion what kind of tree people choose. If my kids didn’t love cutting one down I would probably switch for various reasons.)
  • TwitchyMagee
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Real trees are the “green” option and help small farmers typically. (I have no opinion what kind of tree people choose. If my kids didn’t love cutting one down I would probably switch for various
    reasons.)
    Yup. They are renewable & biodegradable

• TwitchyMagee
    My 13-year-old pronounced lieutenant as “leftenant” And now I need to export him to a commonwealth
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    My 13-year-old pronounced lieutenant as “leftenant” And now I need to export him to a commonwealth

That could be confirmed depending on how he says Colonel
  • TwitchyMagee
    Tigg_er wrote: »

Me: pronounce this word for me
    Him: colonel or colonel why?
    Me: blank stare
    Him: what! I said both!
    Me: a man of the world
  • Tigg_er

Yep send him over 🤣
  • MelG7777

It’s an honest mistake. I used to have an issue with “sword”. And I thought I was the only right one. And I wasn’t a kid.🤡
  • Tigg_er

It’s an honest mistake. I used to have an issue with “sword”. And I thought I was the only right one. And I wasn’t a kid.🤡

HI ya Mel :):)
    So how did you say sword 😂
  • TwitchyMagee

Wait. How do Canadians say it?
  • Alinouveau2

You should there's a Christmas tree shortage because of a drought and not enough being replanted to replace the ones cut down.

I watch the news a lot and this was the top story a week or two ago
  • Alinouveau2
    Got the house decorated....I might have a skate ornament addiction...and the one gift under the tree is for me from me
    k9a2sxa1ytdo.jpg
    otb4nwn909t5.jpg
    8sbwm4aw60t9.jpg
  • MelG7777

Hey! Oh I had my ways.

Canadians? I’ll ask my favorite one. Will report back. ( @Cat0703a )
  • Northwest8
    Northwest8 Posts: 9 Member
    Why I’m up for work at this ungodly hour on a Sunday!
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited December 2022

Hey! Oh I had my ways.

Canadians? I’ll ask my favorite one. Will report back. ( Cat0703a )

Never mind I think I’m just confused by life

• Alinouveau2
    I need to disinfect my car but I don't know where the spray is i bought. Oops
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Wondering if I should step outside my comfort zone and go shopping in my pj's

Pro: comfy and quick

Con: you will run into the most handsome man you’ve ever seen

@motorsheen isn't awake yet

I'm on my way in my pj's, no makeup, knots in hair...

ETA - thank God I wasn't in the store more than an hour bc this sounded so cocky and it bothered me.

@Peachesnstuff

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47nyyednpgr09zcpnnyrhkifyaeep6hi5sqdn6p20v&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
  • TwitchyMagee
    Love Actually would have been a better movie if Mark had been in love with Peter and if they had eliminated the fat jokes and if Emma Thompson kicked Snape to the curb and if any of the characters other than Billy Mack had had any endearing or interesting qualities

Feel good movies are wasted on me
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited December 2022
    My furnace needs to be looked at by a professional & the last time I got the only man in 5 towns who does this work he walked around my kitchen as I was writing out the check, asked me if I’m EYE talian, & LIFTED A LID OFF A POT TO LOOK INSIDE. i can’t do this again. God help me