Air Fryer

Options

Replies

• brittanybalde
    brittanybalde Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorites are salmon and brussel sprouts (if you like them a little bit crispy) ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    https://tastecooking.com/best-thing-make-air-fryer-isnt-fried/

These toasted grain salads are amazing for a packed lunch. The addition of (leftover) grains makes a salad more filling. The air fryer imparts a crunchy texture. I sometimes air fry some drained white beans or chickpeas along with cooked cous cous or quinoa tossed in a little olive oil. Must try with leftover rice too.

This one was made with air fried instant cous cous with leftover chickpeas and carrots, tossed with raw cherry tomato, red onion, pickled carrots and coriander.
    1zd19xfd0zh3.jpeg

• StefMB88
    StefMB88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Like most people said, almost about everything. I find that it's so much faster for some things that we make. I also use it for the kids a lot because they like pizza rolls and chicken nuggets lol.
  • acpgee
    Options
    I made mini apple crumbles in the air fryer today. You do need to top with some silicon mesh to prevent the fan from blowing the crumble mixture around at least for the first 10 minutes until the butter melts to turn the crumble mixture into pastry.
    hv3z7976x4ym.jpeg
  • nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    My favorite is egg rolls zucchini chips and bacon grilled cheese sandwich ๐Ÿ˜‹
  • ShortguyFitness
    ShortguyFitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Garlic butter steak bites.
  • yomarie09
    yomarie09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Asparagus with some parmesan cheese and sweet potatoes on the side.
  • acpgee
    Options
    For me, a new use of the air fryer is roasted whole shallots. I ate some for the first time while we were on holiday in Bologna last week and knew i needed to try to reproduce this veggie side at home.

I peeled a bunch of shallots, trimming the ends, tossed with olive oil and salt. I added some springs of rosemary, although this did not feature in the dish I ate in Italy. Air fried at 160C for 40 minutes, giving an occasion shake. According to one recipe I read online, this is a dish that freezes well so will be trying that.
    al8g85793pxr.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    I tried this tonight and thought it was one of the best ways to eat tofu.
    https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a37826062/air-fryer-tofu-recipe/
  • acpgee
    Options
    Cheese souffle in the air fryer works.
    kssjvfdpvcfc.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    I did cinnamon buns in the air fryer.
    pwz4osfa68m7.jpeg
  • _Kev_71
    _Kev_71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My favorite is chicken nuggets and then place in buffalo sauce for great boneless wings at home.

Baked potatoes are really good in them as well. Cover in some olive oil and salt.
  • Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on another thread, so I apologize to anyone reading this again.

I load spinach, a scrambled egg or two with a splash of milk, a little cheese, maybe some diced ham, maybe some mushrooms, and Iโ€™ll even tear a piece of bread into pieces (you get the idea, no real recipe) into the pan of my air fryer and turn it on. It makes a quiche-type thing, super quick and easy.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Crescentina or gnocco are a traditional deep fried bread from Bologna. I got a good result with the air fryer. They puffed up well.
    pi906zudod8s.jpeg
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I love air fried pork loin steaks- delish!!!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Air fryer cheese souffle. They do over brown a little and you nice to pop a a little piece of foil on top if they are in danger of touching the heating element if they rise too much.
    bx3yhu8lr8q1.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Air fryer apple crumble. Make more than you need of the crumble mixture and store in the freezer to quickly make this. Crumble mixture is made most quickly use the food processor to cream cold butter into the flour.
    j5ww3n4axv0k.jpeg

• jrshawec
    jrshawec Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Salmon! Hands down, my favorite meal these days! Take your salmon fillet(s) and rub with about a teaspoon of Dijon Mustard (just enough to lightly coat the top and sides), then add your favorite seasoning. My sister loves Old Bay, and I love a local seasoned salt. You could also use a salt free option as well! Air Fry on 350 for 15 minutes (play with the amount of time, based on your personal preferences and the thickness of the salmon).
  • debbie31g
    debbie31g Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Salmon - Spray it with a little pam...blackened seasoning and YUM....
    Chicken breasts are great
    Potatoes - boil them for a five - seven minutes. Drain - spray with a bit of olive oil & seasoning - air fry until crispy. Soft on the inside.
    Any veggie.
    Wings
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    My oven conked out so I dragged out my air fryer that is brand new, but never used. Last night I made kale chips in it. They came out light and crispy--much better than the oven.