PEANUT BUTTER!

Replies

• EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    I think i love PB more than my boyfriend of 3 years.
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Hi! One thing I LOVE to do with my peanut butter is put one tablespoon in with Chobani honey (super protein snack) and it is like eating more peanut butter than you actually get to eat... so good.

AWESOME idea! Thanks for sharing!

We have at LEAST 2 jars of PB in the house at all times...hubby, me, and both girls are major PB fanatics! :love:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    peanut butter is yummy.. but almond butter is to die for!!! I :heart: the Barney Butter brand of almond butter!!!!! My kids love it more than peanut butter!

IMO almond butter is not nearly as tasty. I prefer almonds to eat whole (as nuts) but I much prefer the taste of peanut butter. I think this is because peanuts have a stronger taste. But it's all just personal preference. Plus peanut butter is MUCH cheaper.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    I use (PB2) powder peanut butter. 45 calories a serving. It is great.
    I would LOVE to try this as I've heard lots about it. Where can you find it at?
  • The only options for sweet days is ice cream with globbs of peanut butter.... :D
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    1200 calories a day is way too little. but you'll learn that eventually.

I eat peanut butter almost every day, especially after a workout with the amount of protein and good fats in it. It's very satisfying!

I'm not sure why your are saying 1200 calories a day is way too little. It's what MFP sets for me and I stay at or a tad under that and feel great and have been losing great!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    1200 calories a day is way too little. but you'll learn that eventually.

I eat peanut butter almost every day, especially after a workout with the amount of protein and good fats in it. It's very satisfying!

I'm not sure why your are saying 1200 calories a day is way too little. It's what MFP sets for me and I stay at or a tad under that and feel great and have been losing great!

it's not too little if you are not exercising. As long as you log exercise if/when you do it and eat additional calories you'll be fine. Just follow the MFP plan.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    peanut butter is yummy.. but almond butter is to die for!!! I :heart: the Barney Butter brand of almond butter!!!!! My kids love it more than peanut butter!

IMO almond butter is not nearly as tasty. I prefer almonds to eat whole (as nuts) but I much prefer the taste of peanut butter. I think this is because peanuts have a stronger taste. But it's all just personal preference. Plus peanut butter is MUCH cheaper.

PB is much cheaper... but I love that AB doesn't seem as sweet and keeps more true to the actual taste of the nut. It does to me anyway! :happy: Regardless, I'm happy to spread (hehehehe) the nut butter love!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Whole Earth Peanut butter, no added salt. mmmm. My two year old loves it to, with no sugar all fruit jam.
  • ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Try PB2!!! Enough said!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    I was once attacked by peanut butter...knocked me down and all jumped down my throat! ugh!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Yummm I live on Jiff Natural.
  • Omg I looove PB. I think the only 'good' thing about me living in the UK and not USA is we don't have ad much PB stuff. One of my major issues on my Florida hol was anything PB lol it's amazing!!

(thou I do really wish I lived in the USA with all the PB goodness ;))
  • belindawilli
    belindawilli Posts: 97 Member
    Love it, tooo. Peter Pan with Honey is my favorite. I have a tbsp with a banana on a thin bagel. It is awesome and a very good anytime meal!!!!!
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    <
    Has a PB&J sandwich for dinner two nights a week (night classes). They're portable, filling, and absolutely delicious. And I'm averaging 1.5 pounds lost a week, so anyone who tells me I shouldn't eat them can get bent!!!!

Love PB2 also but it's just not the same, texture-wise. Has anyone tried coconut butter? Requires a little microwaving but OOOOOOH baby.....
  • Where can you get the Dreams kind everyone is talking about?
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Absolutely love peanut butter. A tablespoon on apple slices is one of my favorite snacks.

I've recently tried PB2 and love it also. It's great mixed in oatmeal, protein smoothies, and Greek yogurt. Haven't been brave enough to just mix it with water or milk and try it on a sandwich yet.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member

Love PB2 also but it's just not the same, texture-wise. Has anyone tried coconut butter? Requires a little microwaving but OOOOOOH baby.....

Coconut butter??? Why haven't I heard about this??? Please tell me more. Do you get it at a regular grocery store?
  • If I go on a LONG run (over 15 miles), peanut butter on a single piece of toast is a great 110 calorie snack (before the run). It puts something in the belly that kills the hunger pains and it gives you energy and high protein!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    I eat it every day! Jif All-Natural or PB2 on days where I can't spare the extra cals!

I've found that the All-Natural Low Sodium Jif has more salt than the Simply Jif so I've switched. The marketing machine got me :-/