When got only so much left

Options
Ebonie_owlwehn
Ebonie_owlwehn Posts: 32 Member
Planning todays food.
No carbs or sugar left..
had breakfast so working on what to have for lunch and dinner.

At a loss how to reach the total target of 1200?

Got ruffly 310 kcal left struggling to find something to fill that gap that has no carb no sugar!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Also consider what you had for breakfast and how it affected the rest of your day. If you ate mostly carbs and sugar did it leave you feeling hungry later? That might be the better reason to adjust to eat something slightly different in the morning. If your breakfast was mostly fruit based (which mfp will still count as all carbs and sugar) you may find that fills you up because it is bulky high volume food with few calories (assuming you eat it whole rather than drink it as a sweetened juice). A sugary baked donut or french toast or pancakes with syrup may have the opposite effect - lots of calories and sugar, little fibre, quick energy crash after the sugar wears off that leaves you hungry for more. Either of those two breakfasts could be improved to suit your personal needs once you see how you feel. If you are eating lots of low calorie fruit (that nevertheless has lots of carbs and sugar) add in a serving of greek yogurt or cottage cheese or an egg to get more protein, a bit of fat and longer satiety. If you are eating lots of sugary, processed carbs, try switching half of them out for something like fruit and/or yogurt or try something less sugary that still has carbs like a high fiber toast with smoked salmon or avocado, or even fibre toast with a bit of cream cheese and all fruit jam. Or eat something else you like at other times of the day for breakfast. There is no need to eat traditional breakfast foods in the morning if they are tough to work in to your nutrition plan and you don’t otherwise crave them.
    Finally check what the mfp nutrition entry is against the package nutrition label. Many mfp entries are way off especially on macros. Correct incorrect entries for stuff you use and save them in your recent or frequent foods list so you can find them again.
    And if you aren’t already weighing everything on a digital scale do so - that changes a lot of values especially when working in a low calorie range like 1200.

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,291 Member
    Options
    Your macros don't need to be spot on each and every day, just looking at the weekly average is good enough.
    Also, keep in mind that macros are for health and satiation, calories are what matters for weight. It's better to eat 'too many' carbs and sugar, than it is to undereat (1200 is already the bare minimum for a woman, you don't want to go lower than that)

And it can take time to find the balance when macro counting is new to you. For the next days, you've learned you need to eat more protein and fat earlier in the day to not get 'stuck' later on.

For today: lower carb options would be for example eggs, meat, fish, avocado, low carb vegetables such as lettuce, bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms,...
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I agree with @lietchi. 1200 calories is low and hard to hit all macros, unless you are adding on exercise calories. That means pre-planning and pre-logging. You could not worry about macros for now and just try to hit your calorie goal. After a month study your food diary to see where you can make changes.
  • Ebonie_owlwehn
    Ebonie_owlwehn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you , I think up the calories to make that bit easier. Try focus on eating the right amount calorie and what I’m eating leave working out macros later in my journey.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Thank you , I think up the calories to make that bit easier. Try focus on eating the right amount calorie and what I’m eating leave working out macros later in my journey.

Weight loss is a learning curve. I think that you'll find it easier to work with macros later.
This discussion has been closed.