Total Lifestyle Challenge

Options
dhaught3
dhaught3 Posts: 186 Member
Would you like to join a challenge for the New Year that will help you live your ideal life? Do you want a challenge that is focused on more than just the numbers on the scale? Are you willing to commit to establishing healthy habits in the following areas of your life: nutrition, exercise, hydration, sleep, and self-talk/self-reflection? Then let’s get started together!

This will be a 21-day recurring challenge, with a 7-day break between each new challenge. I’ll see how much interest we have, and if we have enough people sign up, we’ll break into teams of about 12-15 challengers.

This group will be about more than support. We will do that, of course, but we will also go the extra mile and provide discipline and accountability for one another.

Now what you have been waiting for—

THE RULES:

You will be trying to get as close to 100 points each day as you can. Perfection is not expected, but we’ll also celebrate a “perfect” score whenever it happens! Points are allocated as follows:

Staying within your calorie goal: 30
Eat breakfast/lunch/dinner: 3
Eat at least 5 servings of vegetables or fruits: 7
*No junk food or food not on your preferred eating plan: 3
Log everything you eat and drink: 3
Drink 64 oz. of water or 1/3 your body weight in oz. (whichever is more): 15
^Exercise at least 30 min.: 15
Spend at least 10 minutes strength training: 5
Spend at least 5 minutes in flexibility exercise: 5
Each additional 15 minutes of exercise: 1 (up to 4 additional points)
Getting at least 7 hours of sleep: 3
+Each additional half hour: 1 (up to 2 additional points)
Daily journal or reflection: 5

*You may have 1 indulgence per week and still receive 3 points. For instance, if you are on an eating plan that does not allow alcohol, you may have one glass of wine and still receive your points. Only 1 serving of the indulgence food per week, for your own sake!
^You may take 1 rest day per week and still receive 25 points (for total minutes, strength, and flexibility time).
+For each 5 consecutive day period you receive your maximum sleep points (meaning 8, not 7, hours), you earn a bonus night, allowing you to get less than 7 hours and still take the full 5 points.

If you score 95 or higher for 9 consecutive days, you receive a free day of your choosing! You can give yourself a 100 no matter what! So you can earn up to 2 of these each challenge period.

You will also have 2 “Free Pass” days each challenge to use for illness, travel, emergencies, etc. You may take 50 points for each Free Pass day.

We’ll have a Google doc for you to post daily, and we’ll also encourage daily posting on the challenge thread. Tip: you can even use the challenge thread for your daily reflection if you feel like sharing with your fellow challengers.

Above all, be honest—because you’ll only be cheating yourself if you’re not. This is 100% honor system.

So…are you ready to create a better lifestyle?

Comment below if you’re in! We’ll kick off our first challenge period on Monday, January 2.

Replies

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,240 Member
    Options
    I'm in😁 So glad your back...looking forward to it 😁
  • dhaught3
    Options
    @fourathomej I’m glad to be back and glad you’re still around! Tell your friends, if you have anyone you think might be interested!
  • dhaught3
    Options
    Post here if you want to join us! I’m about to create our private group threads for the upcoming weeks.
  • dhaught3
    Options
    A small but committed group starts today! Will you join us?
  • janetsiviter55
    janetsiviter55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi yes I am interested in starting the New Year with this challenge. This will boost my health as I move into 2023.
    I am 67 years old, and would love to reduce my weight only about 12 lbs but more than that improve and maintain my health.
  • dhaught3
    Options
    Hi yes I am interested in starting the New Year with this challenge. This will boost my health as I move into 2023.
    I am 67 years old, and would love to reduce my weight only about 12 lbs but more than that improve and maintain my health.

Hi, I’ll send you an invite to the group! I’m so glad you want to join us!
  • ShelleyMJ46
    ShelleyMJ46 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I’d like to join if it’s not too late. I NEED something like to kick start my butt into gear and hold me accountable. I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been and I know us will just continue to get harder
  • dhaught3
    Options
    I’d like to join if it’s not too late. I NEED something like to kick start my butt into gear and hold me accountable. I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been and I know us will just continue to get harder

I will send you a group invite right now! You just missed one day—no biggie. Jump in where you are!
  • KristaGE
    KristaGE Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love the structure of this! I work well with a point system and tracking on the honor system. I am ready to get back at it! Here's to 2023! But am I too late to join!?
  • dhaught3
    Options
    KristaGE wrote: »
    I love the structure of this! I work well with a point system and tracking on the honor system. I am ready to get back at it! Here's to 2023! But am I too late to join!?

You can jump in any time! If you stay consistent throughout the 3 weeks, you will still have a chance to win the whole thing! I’ll send you an invite to the private group now.
  • dhaught3
    Options
    Hi everyone! We started a new challenge today! Read the first post, decide if it’s for you, and reply here to be added to the private group.