20 LBS by THANKSGIVING - 9 weeks away! Day 1

Options
Hello everyone,

Just checking in to see how we are doing! I think the first few days are always the hardest.

I did pretty decent yesterday because I prepared all my meals myself. I am motivated but I am not 100% confident in my ability to do this. The weekends, or bad days, really throw me off!

I also just want to note that there are 9 weeks from today until Thanksgiving. So 20 lbs may be a bit much for most of us. But to even have 10 lbs gone by Thanksgiving would be an accomplishment. If our healthy goal is 1-2 lbs per week, we should be in good shape.

Good luck to you all!

XXOO

Replies

• Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    sorry to sound so british but what date is thanks giving? I might join you and see if i can get 20lb off by then too, if you don't mind that is
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!!!!!

November 24 is thanksgiving this year!
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    right, thats easy to remember (my dads burthday) I am in!!! Add me folks
  • SweetStrawberry
    Options
    doing good. I just keep reciting this in my head all day long " stop trying and just do it" its really been helping me to stay focused and then i just think about all the success stories i see on MFP... The weekend is coming up and i'm not getting nervous! I can do this I have it! There isn't another option for me.
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    I am so committed to this that it excites me. Yesterday was a good day. I had a rest day, ate fairly well despite being slightly over on my calories. I've been under so many days in a row that I don't tend worry about it when I go over a little. The wii scale was down 1.3 lbs, but I only count my official weight on Friday when I weigh in with my friend.

Today is going to be a great day too. Started the day off with oatmeal & apples. Lunch is homemade chicken marsala leftovers. Tonight is zumba class and I always feel awesome after that.

I'd wish all good luck, but luck has nothing to do with this. So, I wish you all great success and the ability to achieve your goals.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Heather:

your positive attitude is infectious!!
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    Thanks Hope!

For the record, my official starting weight today is 218.6.

Work it people! Work it!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    How I would love to lose 20lbs by Thanksgiving (that would actually put me 1lb below goal!). I'll try my hardest!!!!!
  • ryanfeltz
    Options
    ooh ooh me me me can I please....
  • dubord29
    Options
    I would love to join! I have fluctuated back and forth 10lbs for the past year! I need to finally just lose this weight and be happy and healthy! When Thanksgiving comes I will be down 10lbs and healthy:)
  • sunkis1769
    sunkis1769 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am down 2 pounds since Tuesday. It is probably just water weight but it is still encouraging! I am excited about this! I want my in-laws to notice I have lost weight! I am tired of carrying all this extra baby weight around. My son is almost 2. I should have had this off a long time ago!!
  • Ashley_amsk
    Options
    I'm in!!! Lets do this!
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm doing good so far today. I have a Turbo fire workout to do when I get home from work but I enjoy doing it so that's a plus.
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! :) I'm doing well but I can use all the motivation I can get! I'm going to get a TurboJam workout in tonight no matter what.

A year from now, what will you wish you had done today?
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    I'm so doing this with everyone! Such a good goal to have in sight. Plus 9 weeks is exactly how long the C25K workout is..which is also perfect for a Turkey Trot I've been waviering on running.
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    I'm so doing this with everyone! Such a good goal to have in sight. Plus 9 weeks is exactly how long the C25K workout is..which is also perfect for a Turkey Trot I've been waviering on running.
  • SweetStrawberry
    Options
    I am so committed to this that it excites me. Yesterday was a good day. I had a rest day, ate fairly well despite being slightly over on my calories. I've been under so many days in a row that I don't tend worry about it when I go over a little. The wii scale was down 1.3 lbs, but I only count my official weight on Friday when I weigh in with my friend.

Today is going to be a great day too. Started the day off with oatmeal & apples. Lunch is homemade chicken marsala leftovers. Tonight is zumba class and I always feel awesome after that.

I'd wish all good luck, but luck has nothing to do with this. So, I wish you all great success and the ability to achieve your goals.

LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE! " THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LUCK" My heads in the game and I wont be defeated!
  • Mygypsysoul
    Mygypsysoul Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join. I'll be seeing some family at Thanksgiving that I haven't seen since Christmas.. Love to see shock on their faces!
  • liberty741
    liberty741 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Okay great, I am so happy everyone is so enthusiastic! Now - how do I have a group? LOL How do I start? What do I need to do?

Diana