The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• LaurenG1219
    LaurenG1219 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    37 here! Feel free to add me!
  • 2022lynne
    2022lynne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good evening middle agers :)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,239 Member
    Options
    "Get off my lawn."
  • LeighAlan1
    LeighAlan1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    47 male, Aiming to refocus and wanted to set aside friends who could share a little motivation. Realistically have 1-2 stone to lose! Have set target to get back into running and would like to get this stubborn midline looking less like playdoh. Would just like, like-minded friends to connect with on journey. Please feel free to add.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Hey there middle-agers 😃 Nice to see some new and older peeps.. not "old" ya know what I mean 😂
    Thanks Jenni for the bump @IslandGal3 its been ages since I've been in the forums much. Wishing everyone a successful year ahead. Let's hit some goals 🙂
  • summerviking1
    summerviking1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!
  • selynab3582
    selynab3582 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just turned 50 and have about 20lbs to lose. Please feel free to add me.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by for a drive-by check-in. Dry January continues to go well. 13 days in and have not been tempted to get off the wagon yet. Holding the line weight-wise. The days are getting longer and I should be able to get some walking done in the evenings

Planning a little caregiver R&R for the weekend. Looking forward to that.

Keep up the good work, campers. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Hey @alteredsteve175

I'm doing a dry January too. I cheated though; I started on Solstice. It has been surprisingly easy.

I do pour myself one "cocktail" each afternoon. Splash of bitters then some tonic water and a squeeze of lime. Q tonic is a whopping 45 calories, so not an issue.
  • IslandGal3
    IslandGal3 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by for a drive-by check-in. Dry January continues to go well. 13 days in and have not been tempted to get off the wagon yet. Holding the line weight-wise. The days are getting longer and I should be able to get some walking done in the evenings

Planning a little caregiver R&R for the weekend. Looking forward to that.

Keep up the good work, campers. Add me as a friend if you like.

Great job! Enjoy the R&R.

• MaintainingMegan
    MaintainingMegan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm about to be 41. I've lost 75 pounds and I don't want to gain it back. I'm here to maintain. Welcoming friends from all walks of life and at all levels of the health journey😊
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Hello! I'm about to be 41. I've lost 75 pounds and I don't want to gain it back. I'm here to maintain. Welcoming friends from all walks of life and at all levels of the health journey😊

Congratulations, Megan. I like your commitment - "I don't want to gain it back". Heard that. Lots of stories here from people who have lost substantial weight and then regained it.

I lost 45 pounds five years ago and have managed to keep it off. Still logging my food and weighing myself every day. The support and mutual encouragement here at MFP helps me to stay on track.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    One of my MFP "Friends" posted this on her newsfeed today. I will probably spread it around because it is appropriate to so many people. Ignore the svelte model; normal people usually won't attain that physique.

cfmwg6crqrix.png
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Hey hey hey! Just checking in. Got out of town for a couple of days. Some R&R in the hot springs and catching up on sleep. Ready for whatever comes next. 😁
  • CaliZig111
    CaliZig111 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We all got this, let’s do it! Stay kind to yourself.
  • justlog2day
    justlog2day Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing okay.

Remember, as long as we don't quit on ourselves, we are always 'in it'!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Hey hey hey! Just checking in. Got out of town for a couple of days. Some R&R in the hot springs and catching up on sleep. Ready for whatever comes next. 😁

Which are your go-to hot springs? I know there's quite a few in your neighborhood. I always wanted to get up to Atlanta, and the one time I was near there the road was cerrado.
  • CurtisHouse160
    CurtisHouse160 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    44 years old. I've lost about 115 lbs depending on the day. Took me about two years. Can't believe I was so overweight for around 20 years. Great being in better shape in my 40s compared to my 20s though! Just got to start hitting the gym to try to tighten up loose skin.
  • capgordon1293
    capgordon1293 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey there how's we all doing am Allan from Scotland and coming up on 42 years old hope you all doing great
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »

Which are your go-to hot springs? I know there's quite a few in your neighborhood. I always wanted to get up to Atlanta, and the one time I was near there the road was cerrado.

I went to Lava Hot Springs in eastern Idaho. It was enjoyable, but commercialized. I go to Kirkham near Lowman or some of the hot springs on the South Fork of the Salmon for a more primitive experience.

I