The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Just checked my food diary, only 544 calories remain for the day. hmmm what shall I have. any suggestions?
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Just checked my food diary, only 544 calories remain for the day. hmmm what shall I have. any suggestions?

Chicken and veggies. Like a stir fry with just a bit of teriyaki sauce on it.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    renaegry wrote: »

Chicken and veggies. Like a stir fry with just a bit of teriyaki sauce on it.

that sounds perfect and I have the ingredients!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Alzzi_2 wrote: »
    Good evening Middle-agers, I hope you all have a great week ahead :)

Goodevening Jo , did u have a good weekend?

I did.. enjoyed myself at a Christmas in July.
    How was yours?

Yep, it was good. We went and had dinner with some friends and took the kids go karting. There was some fun in that ;) I cant complain.

Sounds like fun, I haven't gone go karting in ages.
  • parkertobefit
    parkertobefit Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi all ...
    I’m 38 and from the uk .. fell free to add me anyone as well
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Almost survived another Monday.....

Really trying to kick it up a notch or 2. I'm 42 and from NM. The last 10 lbs are so freakin hard!
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    Good evening Middle-agers, I hope you all have a great week ahead :)

Goodevening Jo , did u have a good weekend?

I did.. enjoyed myself at a Christmas in July.
    How was yours?

Yep, it was good. We went and had dinner with some friends and took the kids go karting. There was some fun in that ;) I cant complain.

Sounds like fun, I haven't gone go karting in ages.

Yes, it was awesome fun. It was raining so made it extra challenging to keep on the track :smiley: I say, I'm glad my youngest kids aren't behind the wheel. Lol
  • Alzzi_2
    Options

Really trying to kick it up a notch or 2. I'm 42 and from NM. The last 10 lbs are so freakin hard!

I hear u here, very true, your last kgs are the worst. U may need a change of routine or something. Or maybe a holiday where u can rest giving yourself a break. U may have over worked yourself trying to get to your goal. , just a suggestion.
    All the best. Well done getting this far.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

You might consider a diet break if you have been on a calorie restriction for a long time. More info on diet breaks and refeeds in the first couple of pages of this thread.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Why do I always get sick in vacations?
    I'm clearly getting a cold. Grrrr
  • Alzzi_2
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Why do I always get sick in vacations?
    I'm clearly getting a cold. Grrrr

Looks like is all catching up. U were too busy to notice u were getting sick maybe, now your having me time, its showing itself up.
    Hope u get better soon. .
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I know! I'm struggling with those for so long now. I'm trying IF 16:8 now, see if that will shake up things. (or I could just give up alcohol and snacks of course but that seems mission impossible).
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Meeeh it's raining here in Ireland. Reckon that was the summer over and done with :(
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,585 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends! Monday wasn't so bad...but we can file it away! Lets have a fabulous Tuesday!
  • Truvanessa
    Truvanessa Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! 😃☀️
  • cayenne_007
    Options

I hear u here, very true, your last kgs are the worst. U may need a change of routine or something. Or maybe a holiday where u can rest giving yourself a break. U may have over worked yourself trying to get to your goal. , just a suggestion.
    All the best. Well done getting this far.

First VACATION in many many years August 7-12... I'm so excited to go lay on the beach and take it easy (except for the wearing a swimsuit in public part). I'm hoping a break will kick start things again!
  • cayenne_007
    Options

I know! I'm struggling with those for so long now. I'm trying IF 16:8 now, see if that will shake up things. (or I could just give up alcohol and snacks of course but that seems mission impossible).

Good luck with it! I'm getting a bike and going to work in 4 days a week/20 min rides around our house. Adding in some cardio can't hurt. Ireland is on my bucket list of places to visit! My family is from there originally - it's desert where I live, so jealous of the rain!
  • jakesmomma2004
    jakesmomma2004 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Holy moley California is hot!!!!
    First day of vacay was interesting but I got to meet a friend from here so that made it pretty cool

@AliNouveau What part of Cali are you visiting? Definitely been hot but starting to cool down finally. Hopefully you're enjoying your vacay!
  • jakesmomma2004
    Options
    FormerAF wrote: »
    Happy Monday morning. Hoping this week was as good as last week!!
    7 pounds down in 10 days thanks to killing it with 2 hour bike rides!!! 😄

@FormerAF Great work, keep it up!!
  • jakesmomma2004
    Options
    Mister_X_ wrote: »
    Hi I am brand new to this thread. Am looking forward to meeting some of you here. My name is Xavier.
    I have been on this journey to fitness and better health for approximately 3 years now. I am down about 100 lbs. I love this lifestyle so much I don’t think I could ever go back to the old me. I have learned so much and met so many wonderful people. This community and people here are so positive and supportive, I love it !

@Mister_X_ Welcome to the thread! That's awesome, 100 lbs is a great accomplishment. It is a great community here :smiley: