Welcome New Members!

Replies

• Apellet1
    Apellet1 Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2023
    Hi, my name is Amy and I'm a recovering food addict. That totally sounds like the start of a bad comedy routine, but mannn...it has been a struggle. I've been heavy my whole life (yeah, always the last one picked in gym class) and off and on MFP for several years. I actually let my inner badass out one time though, and lost 70 lbs. Life was good. I was feeling myself. I thought, "You finally did it girl". Well, I'll spare you the details of my downward spiral, but old habits die hard and I gained it all back AND more. So here goes round...I don't even know. But I'm here. The Doordash sub is cancelled, and I've reached a truce with the cookies in the pantry. Let's kick some a**.
  • Mikedeb839
    Mikedeb839 Posts: 2 Member
    Back into MFP again and hoping that I will be consistent this time!! I am 70 years young and would really like to kick these BP meds!
  • nitinkhanna1984
    nitinkhanna1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi just joined the app with hope to lose 40 kgs
  • hollysmythe2672
    hollysmythe2672 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! My name is Holl I am 22 years old and have struggled with my weight since my early teens, my aim to be healthy both physically and mentally. I want to lose weight to also gain my confidence back and love my body again. I’m hoping regular exercise and healthy meal options alongside vitamins and P Powders will help me achieve my goals. I have a lot to learn in the world of fitness and love the idea of my fitness plan to record my whole journey with free plan options, I have selected strong thighs and glutes for this coming week 16/1/23. Wishing you all luck and happiness on your fitness journey & myself 🫶🏻x
  • Genie_B99
    Genie_B99 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi--new to MFP but was on SparkPeople where I lost 20 pounds (many years ago). Surprise! The pounds found me again and I'd like to lose them forever and get out of this sense of complacency. Have problems with portion control so that's where I'm starting.
  • KatethePostie
    KatethePostie Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, im Kate..and here I am back again. 🥴
    I have about 60lbs to shift. I started last year, about this time. Did well, was better with food choices, upped my activity and even joined a gym and had a few PT sessions there. Unfortunately for me my health was challenged, confined me to house regularly, add in some family issues and my mental health took a hit and as an emotional eater everything flipped. Activity and food choices hit the floor. Later end of last year I began therapy to help my mental health and address some issues including my weight and eating. Last week my blood sugars spiked. It was the wake up call. Im now on another medication for my t2 diabetes. So now im back, trying to get in better focus, move more, im back at the gym at least 2 times a week. So anyone with similar history and/or issues to me reach out! I need all the help I can get! 🙏🏻😃
  • MammySher
    MammySher Posts: 10 Member
    Years ago, I wanted to live a better lifestyle. I was at 240 pounds and joined a great community called Spark People. I was down to 150 pounds, and I felt great. Then they closed down. Now I'm up to 185 and feel really old. I want to get back to feeling like I did. Today after spending 2 days laying in bed watching TV, I was really upset with myself. So I went in search of a program that was like the program I had success with before and found this program. I work 10 to 12 hours daily, 6 to 7 days weekly. I homeschool my 11th-grade grandson, which really helps keep my mind active now. I need to get my body going. I have been homeschooling him for 3 years now. My mentally handicapped son also lives with us. It is a struggle sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. They need me as much as I need them.
  • howma
    howma Posts: 6 Member
    Hello everyone! I joined years ago and was inactive for sometime so I came back today to get myself back on track!
  • M_Polat
    M_Polat Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I am a newbie too. Would like to get interesting weight loss ideas. At the present I weight 86 kg and my tall is 1,68 m. What do you suggest me?
  • PDX_Diamond
    PDX_Diamond Posts: 3 Member
    Hello all! I'm getting back into fitness. It is hard! I have a personal trainer and I am in full-time nursing school. I rarely have time to cook let alone exercise. But I am making time. My short-term goal is to lose one dress size by the end of April and another size by September. The ultimate weight loss I need is a total of 65 lbs. I need encouragement and I love to give encouragement. Let's pump each other up and get this going! Good luck everyone and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jrivera7814
    jrivera7814 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2023
    Just joining mfp, great to be here! :)
    I want to reduce calorie intake, increase exercise, any be more mindful of my food choices.
    Lets get it guys
  • Macgirl30
    Macgirl30 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi i am here for the third time after years of not using this app and I am looking to keep up with how things are going.

Im aiming to maintain current weight, stay active, keep choices open to what food I can have without going mad with the takeaways and helping people here in any way I can.

Good luck peeps!

• Macgirl30
    Macgirl30 Posts: 2 Member
    Just joining mfp, great to be here! :)
    I want to reduce calorie intake, increase exercise, any be more mindful of my food choices.
    Lets get it guys

Ah great, good luck! If interested there are loads of ideas for exercises over on Pinterest and places like tiktok. I would recommend you to go browse around :)
  • SymonShrooms
    SymonShrooms Posts: 3 Member
    Just started today. Ive tried many apps in the past, hoping that this one works for me.
  • Wishbone07
    Wishbone07 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello all! I am Vickie, I live with my husband Charlie and our German Shepard Sasha in Northern Virginia, outside of DC. I has RNY Gastric Bypass on 6/29/22 and at the time I started prepping for the surgery I weighed 326 lbs. Since then I have lost 55 lbs, and have begun to experience the benefits of weighing less, like being able to walk, sleeping better, more energy, etc. This is a hard way to lose weight, there is a lot of change, and many restrictions. But I needed all of those things to change bad habits I've had since to 90's. I hope to learn from all of you!

Awesome!
  • Wishbone07
    Wishbone07 Posts: 5 Member
    ctrb1959 wrote: »
    Hey there!

I am Tracy and I will soon be 63.

I have been obese since I was 11yo. I am in need of two knee replacements and I have to get my weight down to qualify. My knees are so bad that I walk with at least one and sometimes two canes.

Since I don't want to be in a wheelchair and want to be more active, I made the commitment to do whatever I could to get healthy and stay that way.

I look forward to being part of the community and making life better with all of you!❤

Hi. I have about 100 lbs to lose and would like to be friends if you wish.

Add me if you still need support... I am trying to lose the same.. I'm 76
  • ciliangwe
    ciliangwe Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I’m Cilia from Cameroon. Happy to be a part of this community
  • Chantebien29
    Chantebien29 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello! I have used MFP in the past; but, find it not near as easy to use for the community part now. The food tracking is great however and I have lost about 8 pounds since late Dec. Anyone else finding the "Community" part hard to navigate????
  • blaz_lorencic
    blaz_lorencic Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! Ups and downs... that's life. We need to strugle a little to become better version of our self. Add me as friend to keep motivation up. 😄
  • TheRavenspurn
    TheRavenspurn Posts: 7 Member
    Hi all,

I am returning to MFP, but I lost the email account I used to use.
    I have been sedentary for a bit since working from home starting Feb 2022, and gained a fair bit, topping out at 240 lbs, or 110 kg.
    Since rejoining, I have lost around 6 kg, hopefully looking to go back to 90kg or 195 lbs.

Even tracking the intake is making a difference to my psychology.