Welcome New Members!

Options

Replies

• Hera0912
    Hera0912 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to not just fittnesspal but to fitness in general :) I am so excited :smiley:
  • 1HugoG
    1HugoG Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard !
  • gb15221
    gb15221 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just started
    Got about 100 lbs to lose !!!
    Here we go now !
    Please let me know how I can help you and if you have any tips that can help me
    We are all in this together!
  • JSLuke59
    JSLuke59 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    New to the community section of MFP.
    I’m 59 and lost 40lbs but looking to lose another 22lbs to hit what I have as a target weight.
    My fitness goal is to be in the best shape I’ve ever been in when I hit 60. I have 10 months to go and so far I’m still on track. Started 1.5 years ago. Starting out it was more of a chore but over time it has become an addiction. Thanks to earlier COVID shutdowns, I now have a home gym where I workout 5 days a week. Mostly strength training with very little cardio. I hope to meet some like minded people here to share the experience with.
  • BronTonRollyBeau
    BronTonRollyBeau Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I rejoined on 8th Dec but never got into how to use this app to my advantage over the last few years.
    Looking for supportive interaction and advice.
    All genuine friend requests/add me welcome.🙂
  • Toupsmc
    Toupsmc Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    How do you post a topic ? Fitbit is easier to navigate but the watches suck . Apple Watch is better
  • 1HugoG
    Options
    Toupsmc wrote: »
    How do you post a topic ? Fitbit is easier to navigate but the watches suck . Apple Watch is better

Browse the Big Themes to see where your topic might fit.

• 1HugoG
    Options
    JSLuke59 wrote: »
    New to the community section of MFP.
    I’m 59 and lost 40lbs but looking to lose another 22lbs to hit what I have as a target weight.
    My fitness goal is to be in the best shape I’ve ever been in when I hit 60. I have 10 months to go and so far I’m still on track. Started 1.5 years ago. Starting out it was more of a chore but over time it has become an addiction. Thanks to earlier COVID shutdowns, I now have a home gym where I workout 5 days a week. Mostly strength training with very little cardio. I hope to meet some like minded people here to share the experience with.

I could learn a lot from you, in that I too am trying to lose tons of weight (50 to 75 lbs to be exact). But my routines are the opposite of yours: I do loads of cardio, but hardly any strength. I can’t stay still long enough. I need to move.
    So I think we could help each other.
  • hallene
    hallene Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good day to everyone. I am new to Keto.
    Is this an active group?
  • readyforchange3781
    readyforchange3781 Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hi . I'm 31 and I need to lose about 200lbs last year I lost 50lbs with my fitness pal but I stopped using it. I gained 30lbs back. I'm determined to lose this weight. To be healthy and happy. I'm looking friends to keep me motivated and to give me tips. I will do the same. Let's do this!! :)
  • Cindy_Bee58
    Cindy_Bee58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello hello, I've actually been using myfitnesspal for the past 8 months but started browsing the online community part! This app has def helped me lose a bunch of weight and keeps me on track :) I love to cook and I look foward to jogging again on top of being healthy just as soon as it's warm outside again LOL.
  • williammain1156
    williammain1156 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm William Main. I was born in November of '56. I'm a retread. I've been a member of other groups on here before. I'm about to start the Mediterranean Diet and try to lose a little more weight. I just left WW, which I like, but I want to try this for awhile as I love some of the foods that are very high in points on WW. I'm a father of 3, grandfather of 5 and husband of one for the last 39 years. Hope to meet more of you here soon! God bless.
  • ems0305
    ems0305 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I have used MFP off and on for years, but just realizing the community aspect. I am totally needing some accountability buddies. I run and try to workout daily (super consistant with running, but lack motivation to be consistant with the other stuff), and have gotten a tad lazy with my diet. I'd love to meet some new like-minded people to motivate each other!
  • JSLuke59
    JSLuke59 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I could learn a lot from you, in that I too am trying to lose tons of weight (50 to 75 lbs to be exact). But my routines are the opposite of yours: I do loads of cardio, but hardly any strength. I can’t stay still long enough. I need to move.
    So I think we could help each other.
    [/quote]

1HugoG
    That is what is great about this community, everyone has something to offer someone else. It doesn’t matter what stage of this we are in each of our experiences has some benefit to someone else.
    Digging deeper into my story-
    When I started out I was doing a lot of cardio in the beginning as well. I had to do that just to build my endurance. It was so challenging that I often thought of sitting in my car in the parking lot and then driving home to tell my wife I did my workout. I NEVER though I had it in me to stick with it. Here I am 1.5 years later and going at it harder than ever!
    I slowly built up my cardio time and then started to take time away by added strength training. I found what has worked for me with excessive and eating habits was that I was not committed enough to follow someone else’s plan. I have researched so many different opinions and plans and slowly adapted things from them to develop what I could commit to and what has given me the results I was looking for. I do feel that had I committed to someone else’s plan I could be further along in this process, but I also could and most likely would have thrown in the towel by now.
    The biggest thing for me is that I never set a lofty goal. I just want to be consistent and make small gains and enjoy the process!

So I say all that to say that it sounds like you are on track to making positive progress. The key to weight loss is watching our calorie intake. We can do all the exercise, cardio and strength but if we are not in a caloric deficit we will not lose that fat that we have accumulated. Are you using the calorie tracker as well?
  • AIMDAIM
    AIMDAIM Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 19 years old. I've used this application for a few years and lost 20 kilograms but during quarantine I took a break and deleted my old account. We are still in quarantine here but I want to start fresh. I am looking forward to losing another 20 kilograms. Does anyone want to be buddies? Add me! 🖤
  • jjclem752
    jjclem752 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jennifer and I have used this app for many years, each to certain degrees. I am back to using it as a full on tool again. I lost 70lbs the last time I did and I am looking forward to do so again. I am an avid weightlifter and split cardio times between running 5Ks and cycling, but I broke my right wrist in several places and it took me out of commission for 6 months. I also suffer from PCOS and have put on a lot of weight in the 6 months off. Looking forward to getting back on track. Taking my weightlifting, cardio and dieting back to basics.

Thanks!
  • 1HugoG
    Options
    I don’t know how to add people as friends directly from these messages.
    Please help!
  • ForcedRepz
    ForcedRepz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    New here too. Feel free to add and support :)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    hallene wrote: »
    Good day to everyone. I am new to Keto.
    Is this an active group?

Howdy @hallene You can click this link to see the currently active groups related to Keto...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/groups/browse/search?Search=keto