Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Welcome New Members!

1848586878890»

Replies

• jimwaters1016jimwaters1016 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    I have been using MFP off and on for years, but this time I am sticking with it. Down 17 pounds since October. I am trying to incorporate exercise in my day. I have been using a treadmill, but setting up a weight room real soon. At 59 years old, I know I have to go slower on the exercise.
  • alipdxalipdx Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    Hey all ... going to end 2020 with a bang which will be me choosing a better lifestyle heading into 2021. Cheers!
  • Noraa_aNoraa_a Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Hey everyone! Hope you’re all doing well!! I’ve been tracking my calories on this app now for about two weeks and exercising every 3 -4 times a week and have so far lost 10 pounds 😭 genuinely excited for my journey and hope you are all doing amazing and wish you all the best!! If anyone wants to talk about anything I’m always here xx
  • path7975path7975 Member Posts: 13 Member Member Posts: 13 Member
    Hi I’m Pat
    I have been keto for 8 yrs (after having had cancer). I love this way of eating and never feel deprived of any food as I learnt at the very beginning to ketofy all the foods I loved. I use shiratiki noodles & rice to go with pasta sauces, curry’s and stir fry’s. I have over the years gone up & down weight wise but now at 70+ it’s time to finally lose the last 5 kgs. Good luck to everyone 🍀
  • AquaMeowAquaMeow Member Posts: 282 Member Member Posts: 282 Member
    Heyyyyy add me!
  • mlivermore15mlivermore15 Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    I have just ditched WW because obviously I have a problem with portion control. I know counting calories works, I just need to focus and not try to wing it. I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to weight loss. I could use some support. Maybe a weekly virtual "check in" with a group? Some kind of accountability would be nice. Do we have this here?
  • loutelmahloutelmah Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Hi guys, can anyone tell me why I cant change the serving size, except from what's given as examples? Do I have to be a premium member for that? Thanks in advance! :)
  • Maiang428Maiang428 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! Not really new to this app but this has helped me before and hoping that this would help me again :)
  • Kelz2517Kelz2517 Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    Hi. I'm 29 and im really looking for an accountability buddy. I started at 240lbs in June and now im 205lbs. I have been using MyFitnessPal the entire way, I honestly owe this app so much. My problem is that its the holiday season now and I really need someone to help me through this temptation. I want to lose 30 more pounds by May 2021.
  • Steph00hSteph00h Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member
    loutelmah wrote: »
    Hi guys, can anyone tell me why I cant change the serving size, except from what's given as examples? Do I have to be a premium member for that? Thanks in advance! :)

Most food in the database has 1gram options so if something weighs 132 grams you just do 132 servings of 1 gram. It'll look like 1 serving if 132g in your diary x
  • Steph00hSteph00h Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member
    Hellooo to everyone out there. Good luck to us all. Looking forward to helping eachother x
  • 1HugoG1HugoG Member, Premium Posts: 17 Member Member, Premium Posts: 17 Member
    Kelz2517 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm 29 and im really looking for an accountability buddy. I started at 240lbs in June and now im 205lbs. I have been using MyFitnessPal the entire way, I honestly owe this app so much. My problem is that its the holiday season now and I really need someone to help me through this temptation. I want to lose 30 more pounds by May 2021.

The bright side is thaT we have to stay away from family, friends and their piles of food because of COVID.
    Some of the tricks I learned going through the National Diabetes Foundation’s program at the Y is to keep veggies handy, and hold a glass/bottle of water at parties to keep people from shoving more alcohol into one’s hands.

Also working out before going to parties helps one eat reasonably w/o looking like an outcast.

• alexandlee1alexandlee1 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone - using the app just to help keep track of how foods combine.
    One thing I wish people would know that sodium is 40% of product salt content when adding sodium level in the new food section :)
  • AquaMeowAquaMeow Member Posts: 282 Member Member Posts: 282 Member
    Welcome newcomers!!! Add me ive been on here for a year and the fitness community here is pretty cool!
  • JulioM997JulioM997 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving all!
  • mrschef04mrschef04 Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    Feel free to add me. 44 year old climber wanting to lean down!