Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Dark mode - especially for community boards

Options
Would be nice to have a dark mode while browsing the community boards.

There is dark mode for the diary…
12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• kgoodhart1
    kgoodhart1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’d like to see ketones, blood sugar, and glucose ketone index tracking in app.
  • CARZWAUSAU
    CARZWAUSAU Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Agreed
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Bump

for those of us who lie in bed at night and log on MFP in the dark… .. and have this blaring white light instead of dark mode..

Even wiki has dark mode MFP… come on!

Thanks. :)

Wink 😉
  • SafariGalNYC
    Options
    I have a dark mode on Android for the community .lih8x5nlfgf8.jpg

@Thighsandpizza thanks!! wow …. I’m super jealous.. i am going to look to see if it was also released for iPhone…
  • SafariGalNYC
    Options
    Wait lol I'm a dummy, I forgot I was using the website and not the app. The app was downloading at the time, 😄 sry. But maybe you can log into the website at night and use dark mode that way on iOS. @SafariGalNYC

So close!! Ahha thanks @Thighsandpizza
  • SafariGalNYC
    Options
    As I lay in bed chatting in the communities with a bright blaring light … bumping this for a dark mode in the app for communities!

Much easier in the eyes.

• SafariGalNYC
    Options
    Bumping
  • SafariGalNYC
    Options
    There are currently 3 + discussions on dark mode for community boards in the IOS app across the features forum. (Some since 2021.)

Any updates @Jean

Thanks!
  • SafariGalNYC
    Options
    Bumping
  • MindfulMisfitt
    MindfulMisfitt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How do I turn on dark mode on android?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,354 Member
    Options
    I just use the general dark mode on my phone and the app switches to dark mode then, except the Community... but I always navigate the community in my browser, which does work in dark mode.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    I wish this site and others would have something between the white and dark modes ... a grey mode.

Meanwhile I have to settle for having my phone on night mode late in the day (like now)
  • SafariGalNYC
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I just use the general dark mode on my phone and the app switches to dark mode then, except the Community... but I always navigate the community in my browser, which does work in dark mode.

Thanks @Lietchi - wish they would incorporate community boards into the dark mode on app.

Odd to have half app integrated into a dark mode setting and then community boards completely separated?

For the team in charge of user experience.. it’s jarring. It’s been requested on boards since at least 2020 and no system integration or user interface update for this setting to be holistic throughout the app. Seems the message is - if you don’t like it, leave it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Interesting business model.

🤔
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited June 23
    Options
    Bumping dark mode for community board. There are now 4 threads active or in review.

Thank you!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 832 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    It is so weird how the community section only seems to be embedded into the app and not really part of it. Dark mode doesn't affect it, just all around it.