LESS Alcohol ~ JANUARY 2023 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Most of us have probably read about the reversal of research findings on alcohol and its health impact. If you haven’t this NY Times article summarizes the recent (reluctant?) consensus that after years of suggesting that moderate drinking has health benefits scientists are changing that advice to suggest that all drinking is harmful (so everyone should at least moderate to the levels prescribed by the FDA or less). https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/13/well/mind/alcohol-health-effects.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Most of us have probably read about the reversal of research findings on alcohol and its health impact. If you haven’t this NY Times article summarizes the recent (reluctant?) consensus that after years of suggesting that moderate drinking has health benefits scientists are changing that advice to suggest that all drinking is harmful (so everyone should at least moderate to the levels prescribed by the FDA or less). https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/13/well/mind/alcohol-health-effects.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

Great article. Thank you for sharing!
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I had an AF weekend. A couple of challenges. Out to eat with family while my SIL had a couple of drinks, a popped bottle of Prosecco in the fridge that the same SIL didn’t finish before dinner.

Changing from daily weigh in - which was messing with my motivation- to Wednesday. Let’s see!

Love reading up on all of the posts. I’ll have more time later to react. Off to work.

-Georgia

Georgia is SIL Sister in Law?

You could always freeze the Prosecco to make a Prosecco Sorbet! That way you can keep it in the freezer until you friends/family round that are up for a boozy dessert.
  • GeeBee08505
    GeeBee08505 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I had an AF weekend. A couple of challenges. Out to eat with family while my SIL had a couple of drinks, a popped bottle of Prosecco in the fridge that the same SIL didn’t finish before dinner.

Changing from daily weigh in - which was messing with my motivation- to Wednesday. Let’s see!

Love reading up on all of the posts. I’ll have more time later to react. Off to work.

-Georgia

Georgia is SIL Sister in Law?

You could always freeze the Prosecco to make a Prosecco Sorbet! That way you can keep it in the freezer until you friends/family round that are up for a boozy dessert.

Yes, sister in law (and my frequent drinking buddy!)... Great idea on the Prosecco sorbet!! I'll give it a shot. :)