Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for bariatric surgery buddies

Hello I'm 31 years old and due to have sleeve gastrectomy on Jan 20th. I would love to have new friends pre or post bariatric surgery on my fitness Pal 😊
Tagged:

Replies

• christadn
    christadn Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there! Congrats on your surgery date. I had bypass on 12/20.
  • CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    I wanna get bariatric surgery too!! I am 26, 5’5”, and 280 pounds. I have tried everything to lose weight and nothing works for me. :( I am really scared about surgery but I feel like it’s my only option at this point :(
  • schelyne
    schelyne Posts: 6 Member
    I'm searching for more friends too. I had the sleeve procedure 11/09/22. I lost some weight to qualify, then of course on the pre op diet too, so total I am down 47lbs (27lbs since surgery) Id love to answer any questions you have
  • mychellelynne
    mychellelynne Posts: 122 Member
    I got RNY 12/20/22! I would love friends! MFP hates my calorie totals per day but I am within my office recommendations. Let's support each other.
  • punkbruwster
    punkbruwster Posts: 1 Member
    Hey Everyone! Currently in prep mode to get the final approval from the bariatric team at my hospital. I am excited/nervous to be on this journey. But I'm 50 pounds down from when I started so I'm feeling motivated! Would love to have friends on this same journey too!
  • kirstenfabulous
    kirstenfabulous Posts: 5 Member
    I had surgery in October. What a journey! It’s been fantastic! I’m happy to share anything! Feel free to friend me
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Hi everyone - I'm Steve, from Massachusetts. Two weeks post op - Sleeve. Was 335 morning of surgery, this morning weighed in at 316.8. Welcome any new friends who send me a request. This is a new journey for me, but it's one I am going to get the most out of. Short term goal is 60, ltg is 135 - yes, I want to see 199 again. Long way off from now though.