What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,935 Member
    @crb426

A friend told me once: Work on distance first; the speed will come on its own.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    I have been absolutely terrified to get in a swimsuit to join the water aerobics class at my gym. I've seen too many people who have laughingly posted photos of older heavier women in locker rooms and in swimsuits to feel comfortable. So, I haven't been in a pool for probably 10 years or better. This morning, I went! :) I slayed that dragon that I had been avoiding for soooo long. It felt wonderful. Going back next week.

I am not comfortable in bathing suits and haven’t been since a bikini top burst open in the pool at band camp and showed it all. 😬. Never mind the weight issue!

I finally realized yoga gear is great for aquafit. It’s cute, washes up super well, doesn’t bag, great support for the girls, doesn’t “billow”, the high waist holds it all in and reveals not so much belly between waistline and bra top, and bestest of all, ya don’t have to worry about a bikini line, if ya get my drift.

Check out a company like Yoga Democracy, and look at their shorts and matching bra tops. PERFECT for water aerobics.

I also order Champion bike shorts and use those with a yoga top, too. They wash up well.

I second this idea! I gave up on traditional swimsuits a long time ago. I could never find anything that supported the girls well enough, so sports bras and yoga tops have been the norm for me for awhile. For bottoms, I've used leggings, bike shorts, and swim skirts. At some point I realized that regardless of how comfortable I am with my body, I'm NOT comfortable running around in public in the equivalent of my underwear. Also, I'm a skin cancer survivor, so sometimes I just want more coverage from the sun. :smile:

@DawnLindley00 wear whatever you feel comfortable in. There are no rules, really.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!