LESS Alcohol ~ JANUARY 2023 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    edited January 2023
    I have to ask, @MissMay, what was on the paper?

-m
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,551 Member
    I am Dawn, I live in SE BC Canada
    My ongoing goal remains, 16-20 AF days per month.
    Last month I had 18AF days

I do this diary style to keep track, and post the next morning

Wednesday January 25 - AF - A very long and late day between my 2 jobs. I really felt like having a couple of drinks (maybe I feel like that every day) but used willpower. Thursday night (tonight) I am going to some friends' house for Indian/Indonesian dinner. He (making Dosa) will want to have a couple of drinks, she (Indonesian muslim) doesn't like him to have any alcohol at all, so having company is his chance to have a couple. Pretty sure that I will be able to stay AF although I think that there will be a bit of pressure. Kind of saving up drink days for the weekend now, I will have a very late Friday night after my restaurant job on a reset with my other job, Foster Grant. Already thinking of sinking into the tub after that with my TV rolled up close, watch some HGTV and have some prosecco or something.

Rolling total: 14AF days out of 25 days
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    I hope to do better in February. More A than AF days this month.

Regarding cleaning out our folks's homes, this is a good article about Swedish Death Cleaning. It is the concept of paring down in middle age so our children or whoever is in charge, don't have to do it once we pass. My husband and I did a great deal of this when we downsized but still nowhere near what needs to be done. Clearing out my FIL's 60 years of possessions when we moved him a year ago, was a nightmare I would not wish on anyone. Do it for your loved ones.

https://www.nbcnews.com/better/health/what-swedish-death-cleaning-should-you-be-doing-it-ncna816511
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    January accountability: 10 days AF
    Alcohol: 16 days (40 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 20-25 AF days this month. I usually target 12-16 AF days each month which is usually a challenge … hitting 20 days since DH backed out of his dry January commitment is definitely influencing me to join him on weekdays I had not planned when setting the goal. Going for it anyway!

1/26 - 1 Torchy’s Tini

Torchy's Tini: 100% pure agave reposado tequila by Exotico*, served in a shaker with lime juice, simple syrup & olive juice.

7as8qdj47lqm.jpeg