i have an important question

Options
can someone please tell me why is it when i working out my heart pounds and its hard to breath? also how can i fix this? i was told that it is because im so out of shape but i want to hear it from yall!!!

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    bump
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    What is bump......I have seen it several times and I don't know what that means.
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same way. When I started my life change/weight loss journey I was 208. I am now 168 and can breath without feeling like I am going to die. I still get out of breath when I exercise but thats the point :) I notice I sweat more now since I have lost weight which I love. I know its grose but I love being covored in sweat after my workout because I feel I did a great job & I know I worked hard. When I started in January I had asthma and had to use an inhaler before I worked out to help me.. now I dont even have one. Its amazing how your body changes when your healthier. You will get there girl, just give it sometime. :)
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Cardiovascular exercises work out your heart. When your heart is getting "worked out" it beats faster.
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bump means I wounder that same thing pretty much. I didnt know what it meant for a long time either! :)
  • Tweety379
    Options
    Do you get light headed at all? I found out I have exercised induced asthma when I was in high school. I would get light headed and dizzy after doing any strenuous activity. Now I have an inhaler and I take it before I work out and I can breath much easier. I still have a pounding heart and get warm really easy. That's just part of working out.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Your heart is supposed to beat faster when you work out
  • ilookthetype
    Options
    What is bump......I have seen it several times and I don't know what that means.

it's to "bump" a topic to the top of this list, it also marks a topic so a person can go back and catch a topic they wanted to know the answer to.
  • lor007
    Options

When someone says "bump" they are either wanting the topic to show in their topics on their profile so they can go back and read the responses, or they are bringing the topic up so more people will see it. If you use the search function, you can learn lots of fun stuff like this!:flowerforyou:
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    If your heart rate is too high or you get dizzy, you should try working out a little less strenuously. You can look up or calculate what your maximum heart rate should be for your age.

If working out less strenuously you still have this sensation (which is called palpitations), you should get a medical checkup.
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    bump means bumping the topic back to the top of the page.... :)
  • lor007
    Options

it's to "bump" a topic to the top of this list, it also marks a topic so a person can go back and catch a topic they wanted to know the answer to.

Contrarian tells me it also means a small line of cocaine.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I think it's normal that your heart beats fast when you exert yourself. It's what we want to happen in order to lose weight.
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    This happens sometimes as well. I did find that if I take deep breaths and drink water that my body temp lowers and it's easier to breathe. The heart rate will regulate once your body becomes accustomed to your routine. Good luck and keep at it:smile:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Barring any medical issues (check with a doctor to be sure) yes it's because your cardiovascular system is out of shape. although, pounding heart and out of breath means high level exertion, but it's all relative, what gets you winded and what gets an Olympic sprinter winded are the levels of intensity, but even world class athletes will feel their heart pound and be gasping for air at some point in their training.

And "bump" means to bump a thread back to the top of the board, and to save it to your "my topics" list, when you have nothing to contribute right away, but are curious to read responses.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    It originally meant

Bring
    Up
    My
    Post.

When it's in danger of drifting onto page 2, you make a post to bring it back to the top.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    thanks i did have asthma but i havent had the symtons for a while now is there a way that i can get rid of it the hard time breathing and no i do not get light headed
  • ilookthetype
    Options

Contrarian tells me it also means a small line of cocaine.

Tell Contrarian she's going to get in trouble for talking about drugs on the forums...
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    thanks i did have asthma but i havent had the symtons for a while now is there a way that i can get rid of it the hard time breathing and no i do not get light headed

Ok sooooo you should have mentioned this...I'm a respiratory therapist and I specialize in pediatric asthma and education. You NEVER outgrow asthma...meaning you may not have symptoms for a long time, but you always have the potential to wheeze if you are around triggers...if you haven't exercised in a while, you may have exercised induced asthma. Go see you doctor..Albuterol prior to working out will help!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    can someone please tell me why is it when i working out my heart pounds and its hard to breath? also how can i fix this? i was told that it is because im so out of shape but i want to hear it from yall!!!

You're out of shape.

Keep working your heart and things will get better. However, don't overwork your heart and get your heart rate up too high.

I was close to doing this yesterday on my first day of Insanity. Got the ol' ticker up to around 185, which isn't smart for my body. Felt like my heart was going to leap out of my throat, my lungs were burning, my chest hurt. Ended up having to stop the workout after like 20 minutes. Cardio isn't my strong point, but I'm gonna keep working at it!