Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Menace on Wheels...

Jenn_W
Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
I would like to take the time to apologize to all of Chicago.

I am sorry!

I have been riding my bike to work, daily, for a week now. I am still new at this. I am painfully slow compared to most the Pavement Warriors out there every morning and evening. I try my hardest to stay out of your way, but still fail at times. I still am still learning all the proper rules, which way is best for me to take, etc... Again, I am sorry.

To add to my mess, I have a crappy, crappy cheap bike. I received it as a gift 3 weeks and the handlebars won't stay on and now the seat rocks loose at random moments, typically timed when someone (car, bike) is trying to pass me. I plan on buying a new 'road' bike and am open to suggests...

One more thought, dear Chicago... I am not going to stop. I am going to get a better bike and continue my reenactment of the little engine that could. I might suck today, tomorrow, and next month... but one of these days I am going to get the hang of it. I won't always be that chubby gal you curse at under your breathe... One of these days you won't even notice me!! I promise!

But in the meantime, please be patient with me...

Xoxo - Jenn

(Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors.)

Replies

• bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Love it, you gave me a great laugh!!! Nothing can get you down!! I, too, started riding my bike to work...scary for a country girl riding in town now! Keep on riding!
  • dear jenn:

the handlebars part made me pee my pants in laughter.. .. kick this bike to the curb and rock this!! you are awesome. and you talk like i do...which obviously i love.

signed,
    crazy lady in RI who apologized to her spin class via MFP when her pants feel down :)
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Way to keep at it Jenn, nothing to be embarrassed. And yes, please get a better bike....nothing more dangerous than a bike that's always breaking.

One suggestion, don't buy a bike from any department store. Go to a dedicated bike store. They can size you properly and usually the bike will include some sort of free maintenance for a year or so. It might be a bit more money, but you'll get better support and a better fit.
  • PattiDu
    PattiDu Posts: 17 Member
    I know how you feel. I dug up my bike (which I haven't rode in over 5 years, that layed out behind my shed, rusting, tires cracking) My husband replaced my brake cables and only the front brakes work now and I have to pump up the tire now before I ride it. I don't go too far, luckily I have a place away from traffic and other bikes, but I still feel like I am going to wipe out on it every time I hit a speed bump or have to swerve to miss something. I had to go to ****'s Sporting Goods and buy a seat cushion (believe me this made all the difference in the world). The worse part is actually getting on the bike. When I was younger I could just throw my leg up and over the seat and a way I go, now my hips pops everytime I do that, so I have to get on it the sissy way and push myself off and hope I go. So anyway, best of luck...and keep up the good work, at least we're tryin right!
  • Man I spent a week in chicago and them people can be rude. Don't let them sway you not to ride your bike. Keep on trucking.

I think I can I think I can I think I can!!!! CHOO CHOO!!!!