Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 213

Replies

• Kayjay1960
    Kayjay1960 Posts: 53 Member
    edited February 2023
    Sorry messed up will try again
  • cassique
    cassique Posts: 164 Member
    @quiltingjaine That's great. I think one of the most surprising things for me is that I don't really miss it that much. I realize it had just become a habit, and knowing I don't have to go cold turkey makes it easier for me to let the urge pass when it strikes me at inconvenient times.
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,034 Member
    _JeffreyD_ wrote: »
    Sorry I made you read this.

It made me laugh a bit simply because your delivery of the situation. You do have a way with words..
    I'm glad you made it in time and I'm sorry the burrito wasn't the most ideal. I, too, am not typically one to use a business restroom and not buy anything.

The human in us all can relate, on some level, I do believe.
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,034 Member
    @fmfdfa2020 I commend you and I'm very jealous of you and your no flour lifestyle! The baker in me cannot possibly comprehend that type of life (though my health, I guarantee, would appreciate me living that life a lot more). I have been trying to cut back with some success. Unfortunately just about everything I can make for dinner has to do with baking, and typically bread-like things. I had to teach myself how to cook but I grew up baking with mom and grandma so the two were inevitably intertwined forevermore. I am trying to branch out, but BF does most of the cooking and I only get a chance if he wants me to bake him something specific, hah!
  • fmfdfa2020
    fmfdfa2020 Posts: 890 Member
    @fmfdfa2020 I commend you and I'm very jealous of you and your no flour lifestyle! The baker in me cannot possibly comprehend that type of life (though my health, I guarantee, would appreciate me living that life a lot more). I have been trying to cut back with some success. Unfortunately just about everything I can make for dinner has to do with baking, and typically bread-like things. I had to teach myself how to cook but I grew up baking with mom and grandma so the two were inevitably intertwined forevermore. I am trying to branch out, but BF does most of the cooking and I only get a chance if he wants me to bake him something specific, hah!

Thanks @CamandJarvis - I will definitely add more flour as time goes on since I love baked bread, pasta, etc., but I'm staying off sugar as it make me feel so horrible. I have to admit, going off these wasn't all me. I had a head start because my husband went off wheat and sugar about a year ago. He eliminated everything to try to figure out his stomach issues and sugar/wheat were the very last things he gave up. Long story short, his stomach problems totally went away, and to our surprise, his blood pressure dropped from 160's to 120's/130's, and he lost 5 lbs even though he was very slim already. I guess it was inflammation. It's amazing how much his life has changed for the better. He still eats carbs but ones with rice, corn, etc., just no wheat or sugar.

All the "good" stuff he baked (pizzas, pasta dishes, pretzels, bread), and I don't want to make those things because he can't have them (and I don't need them, at least while I lose weight). So, we are better off, but I do miss them. I have to say though we've gotten very creative in our cooking. Actually, he's making home fries as I type and they are not greasy at all - he uses butter, but not a lot. I haven't eaten a lot today to be able to eat some. :)