When do you "officially" record your weight loss?

Options
1235»

Replies

• jack1925
    jack1925 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Saturday morning. 15-20 minutes after I wake up. Completely nude. After going to the bathroom.
  • rie_q
    rie_q Posts: 73
    Options
    I weigh most mornings, and I record it - up or down. I like to see the overall trends :)
  • mteague277
    mteague277 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I record it once/month but weigh everyday.
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, without clothes. Been working to automate collection. integration and visualization of my data on weight, activity, blood pressure and sleep. My blog has a summary of how I do this: http://johntmoore.blogspot.com/

Love moving averages to smooth out the noise.
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You're all gonna think im crazy but here goes:

I weigh myself daily in my birthday suit, & after using restroom.

Then it goes into up to 4 apps :blushing: but I swear each has a reason.

DAILY:
    1. P-Tracker (for women only)
    This app is for tracking your monthly cycle. A cool feature is it will chart your weight against your fertile time & your cycle. It allowed me to see weight changes according to different times of the month. It's a really accurate cycle tracker so I'd use it for that and weight was just a bonus

2. Happy Scale ~ free
    It creates a "predictive weight" based on a mathematical formula to help level out weight fluctuations. I really like that the chart it shows you, shows you where you were a month ago. It also allows you to break your weightloss into mini goals, and helps you focus own that. It also quickly shows you your weight loss in the last 7, 30, & 90 days. Very similar to some of the charts above. If you use, data enter at least the prior 30 days if you can for best results.

3. MY Weight ~ free
    This one does a chart, but also gives bmi, and other stats. I wish happy scale easily had this info but meh.

WEEKLY:
    4. My Fitness Pal
    MFP - great app, kinda sucky report but it's my official recording place.
  • cajun_qt
    Options
    when there is a 3 pound change that has stuck around consistently for more than 2 weeks.
  • DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Every morning and I log in MFP but I consider Thursdays my official weekly weigh in and metrics day with the tape measure. Weighing each morning gives me quick feedback on my caloric intake as well as types of foods I’m eating and water intake. Whichever day and hour you choose, just be consistent.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    10 year old post FYI…
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Once a week, same day, on an electronic scale that sends the weight to MFP. It may be up, it may be a little down but its a constant recording. The eventual trend, all be it rather slow is downward. I do measurements once a month.